Two to Tango

Laurie has one of those 'dream dorm' bedrooms, perfect, pretty, light wallpaper with posters and pictures of family and friends to remind you of home- at least I think family and friends. Her bed's made and tucked in a corner of the room, the headboard's white and matching her comforter and pillow set. She has white lanterns and fairy lights strung out around the room, with clothespins hanging up Polaroid pictures on the lights.

The room overall is nice and cozy, though the collections of knives, bats, and a few hidden guns throw the "good girl" vibe off.

I sat in the gray swivel chair, leaning on a polar bear throw pillow. Laurie gave me a bag of ice to set on my sore hand, I gratefully took it, awaiting the answers to end my questions.

"That's quite the arm you have there." Laurie joked staring at my hand, I guess I did hit her harder than intended- but the bitch was asking for it.

"Thank you, it took a lot to get it this way." I joked back sipping my ice cold water in an attempt to cool down.

"So this Charlotte bitch, who is she and why?" I asked jumping straight to the point, beating around the bush is pointless.

"Straightforward, I see. She's allegedly Reid's first love, at least that's what she'll tell everyone." Laurie shrugged and I choked on my water. That bastard? Loving someone? Loving her? WHEW.

"What?" I guffawed, gagging on a little bit of my water.

"Keep it down, I know I'm not supposed to be telling you this!" Laurie snapped, jumping out of her seat and locking the door.

"They were supposed to be madly in love, dangerously even- she'd been his everything, that's her story and she's sticking to it. But she ruined it all about 5 years ago. She slept with someone very important to Reid, caused a eternal strain between Reid and him forever." She told, staring me into my eyes. Any laughter I had about this is all dried out, I could see the pain and sorrow in her eyes for him, I bet they've all been through this with him.

"Then why is she still able to just walk around here?" I asked, baffled. He seems like the person to kill someone for something like this, why didn't he- why hasn't he?

"Old habits die hard, he's had multiple women since her, but he still has her every once and a while; most of the time he's drunk." she admitted sighing to herself.

"Okay, then why isn't he able to walk in here too- don't tell me someone like Reid let a girl ruin one of his relationships?" I asked with one of my signature eye rolls.

"He did many things to Reid before Charlotte, she was just the icing on the cake; he's still trying to tear Reid down to this day, it's always been this way between Reid and him."

"He-slash-Him doesn't have a name?" I asked tightening the cap of my water bottle.

"We don't speak on him, if he pops up again an eternity later it would be too soon."

Him. What could he have done so wrong? I wanted to know, it burned me not to; but I asked enough questions for the day, he'll be a story for another time.

"Don't bring this up, C, he hates people knowing his shit. Just- Just try to behave yourself; Charlotte is a bitch and her goal is to get under the skin of anyone who makes her feel threatened when it comes to Reid."

Threat? She sees me as a threat? How? I never even talk to him, he's a controlling, arrogant piece of shit- he's my captor for the love of God.

"I won't, I'll try to be good." I lied with a sigh heading towards the door.