Paris (R)

2 Months Later

I waited in the midst of bustling people in the airport, searching the mass crowds for perfect blonde hair. 

"Claire Hampton!" A voice screeched from behind me. I gasped and spun around, seeing a thin teenage girl behind me, sporting a grin from ear to ear.

"It's you- I'm such a big fan! I loved your CVD line!" The girl blurbed out while tears welled in her eyes. I let out a heartwarming giggle and pulled the girl close, hugging her small frame.

"Thank you so much, is there anything I can sign for you?" The girls eyes lit up, she nodded, digging in her satchel.  The girl pulled out a large brown book and flipped it open to the first page.

"Please sign my sketchbook." She grinned while holding it up to me.  I smiled and signed 'CLH' in my infamous red pen.

"Your sketches are really good- stay on this path and you never know where it'll take you."

The girl laughed in amazement, then embraced me once more.  I held onto her, happiness swarming inside of me.  She let go and waved as she walked to her parents, I waved back.

"My baby Claire is famous now."

I gasped and turned around, Laurie stood behind me with two suitcases in her hand.  I grasped onto her for dear life, taking in her scent of fresh rain.

The day after she found out about the pregnancy she booked a flight to her hometown, everyone assumed she was homesick, but I knew the truth.

"Oh my God." I laughed while looking down at her belly. A small belly, holding a 2 month old fetus, took the place of Laurie's flat 6-pack, almost unnoticeable if you didn't know to look.

"You're keeping it?" Laurie smiled and nodded.  I laughed and pulled her closer again, feeling her sob against me.

"Henry will understand." I sighed while rubbing her back.

"No, I don't want her to headline.  It's CVD and if you aren't going to use Selene, then we're done here-" I bluffed over the phone, pretending to hang up.

"Wait- wait -wait... we'll use Selene."

I smiled and continued to talk business.

I secured the deal for CVD, beginning to chart our future shows.   A quaint knock came from my office door, I groaned and stood up, pushing my sketches into my notebook.  I opened the door to see Selene behind it with a radiant smile and her hands behind her back.  Sire stood outside of my door with a slight smile on his face as he guarded it.

"What's going on?"

Selene pulled a Snickers bar from behind her back with a lit candle on it.

"Since your birthday is coming up and you failed to tell me."

I laughed my heart out, shaking my head at the candle.  I blew it out and took the bar from her, she and Sire clapped simultaneously.

"This is ghetto as shit." I laughed as I took a bite.

The rest of my day was filled with birthday wishes, celebrations, and a huge cake during lunch time. 

Sire and I walked to Reid's car, the Wraith, my favorite. I took the keys out and unlocked it, as I sat my bag in the backseat, I saw a shadow appear from behind the parking deck wall. 

Sire sat his hand on his gun holster, motioning for me to get in the car.  I ignored him, walking closer to the figure, Sire ran after me, grabbing at me.