Chapter 16

So sorry it took so long, but here it is...

Don't forget to comment and vote :)

Genevieve

I wake up the next morning, slightly confused on my current whereabouts, and whose bed I was sleeping in. I look around the room I'm in seeing that I am in a guy's room, wearing my clothes from yesterday. I must have fallen asleep during the movie last night.

"Well look who finally woke up," Liam says entering the room. "You were quite something last night, if I wasn't used to Louis's loud sleeping, I would not have been able to sleep." He says, causing me to sit on what I assume is Louis's bed.

"I haven't been sleeping well the past few nights," I explain, really hoping I don't have to go into why. "For some reason, when I have an imbalance in my sleep schedule I snore when I actually get to sleep," I say finishing my vague explanation.

"Hey, you don't have to explain it to me. Besides, it's not that bad. I have slept in worse condition," He says lightly chuckling.

"Yeah, anyways, where's Louis?" I ask the one question that has been on mind since I figured out where I was.

"Oh, he slept on the couch in the common area last night," Liam says, and I walk out of Liam and Louis's room and into the common area.

I see Louis curled up under a very thin sheet, and a thin pillow place underneath his head, while he is scrolling through his phone. There is no way he could comfortably sleep with the room as cold as it is.

"That doesn't look too comfortable," I tell him, causing him to place his phone down to look up at me.

"It's not as bad as it looks," He says sitting up to stretch. While he is stretching out his body I hear multiple bones pop.

"There's no way the thin sheet was able to keep you warm last night," I begin voicing my concern, "Plus I don't think your bones are supposed to pop like that," I say finishing taking note at the weird places in his back that were popping.

"Genevieve, what kind of friend would I be if I let you sleep on the uncomfortable couch while I slept on a much more comfortable bed. I would never do that to you," He says patting a spot on the couch next to him indicating that he wants me to join him.

Niall would have just left me to sleep on his couch.

"Well love, we all know what a great guy your precious boyfriend is," Louis mutters under his breath.

Even if we aren't technically together, I still feel the need to stick up for him, but in this case, Louis is right, and it's best if I just let it go.

"I would have been fine sleeping here, it's not that big of a deal," I say.

"Would you please just accept the nice gesture," He says indicating that he's getting frustrated with me, and my stubbornness.

"Thank you," I say genuinely thanking him for not making me sleep on the couch.

"What do you have planned for today?" Louis asks, slightly shift closer to me, casually placing his arm around the back of the couch.

"I don't know," I say subtly shifting closer, craving the feeling of his warmth against my skin, craving the safe feeling he surprising gives me. "I might hang in my room with Delilah and watch some movies," I say looking over at him, locking eyes with his piercing blue ones.

" I know I promised to stay out of it, but I just want to know. How are things with you and Niall?" he asks, whispering the last part, clearly respecting my request to not tell let anyone find out about Niall's anger.