Chapter 42

Don't be a ghost reader, vote, comment, and share with friends! 

Enjoy my lovelies :) 

Genevieve

I woke up this morning to an angelic-looking Louis deep in thought. He looks incredibly sexy when he's deep in thought, then again, he has that look on his face all the time. I wish I could read his mind, to know what constantly has him in deep thought.

After sleeping in really late the past few days I made it a goal not to sleep in that late anymore, at least for the duration of our trip. I wanted to be productive and enjoy my time here, and maybe go into the town and shop a little bit.

Louis had previously informed me that there was no agenda for this trip, he just wanted me to get away from my everyday life and truly relax. Before leaving for the trip, I tried to plan fun things for us to do for a few days during this trip, but he refused to let me make plans. When I protested, he told me that it's better for my mental health because then I won't feel like I'm stuck to a plan.

As much as this go with the flow holiday is a bit annoying to me, I do like being able to just plan on the spot and be spontaneous. This is an area in my life where I struggle, I am a planner, and feel the need to plan every second of my day, so since Louis is more laid back, he has helped me overcome my incessant need to control everything. It's hard to control the plans if there is no plan, which in hindsight, was exactly his point for not letting me plan things.

It may not be a lot or one of the most romantic things a guy can do. But his genuineness for my mental wellbeing was one of the things that made me fall for him. He truly cares and cares enough to help me get over my need to control everything, in a healthy way.

He never pushes me to let go all the way, because he knows I am not ready for that. However, him not letting me plan our holiday in Doncaster has been a blessing in disguise. Plus, he did promise me that he has a plan for our trip, I'm just not allowed to know it. I tried to ask him for a hint, but all he told me was that I would be able to go into Doncaster to shop and go to Instagram-worthy photo spots.

"What are those two up to?" Johannah asked, breaking me from my trance, as my two boys started getting louder.

"Oh, they are probably playing Pirate Spaceman Warrior," I say laughing at Jonah's new favorite game with Louis. I never realized how much I needed Louis in my life until he came into it. I never realized how desperately Jonah craved a healthy father figure until Louis came into our lives.

Louis has been the answer to so many prayers after many years of brokenness, and I can't help but feel giddy around him. He makes me feel safe. He makes me feel loved and cherished. He makes sure I take time for myself. It almost feels too good to be true.

"What is Pirate Spaceman Warrior?" Emily says laughing at the noise coming from Jonah's room.

"Exactly what it sounds like," I say referring to the noise as well. "They are Pirate Warriors who live in space."

"Louis is the only one that plays it correctly, every time I have tried to play this game with Jonah since he created the game, I get kicked off the spaceship because I'm making up rules," I say rolling my eyes at the memory of my son.

"It must be nice for you to see them getting along so well," Johannah says lovingly.

"It is," I say smiling. "Would you guys know where Louis is taking me today?" I ask since I have not been given any hints, and apparently, it's just going to be the two of us.

"Sorry babes, I have sworn to secrecy. Louis would kill us if we ruined the surprise." Emily says not budging.

Great how is a girl supposed to know how to dress when she's not given any hints.