Chapter 39

Vote, Comment, and Share :) 

Louis

She said yes.

Granted she said yes, to hypothetically having children with me at some point down the line. This means that she has thought about our future, and that's all I need. That's the reassurance I needed to know that I wasn't crazy for feeling the way I do in such a short amount of time.

I love her.

I know, I've already told her this and had this realization, but now I know that Genevieve is my soulmate and that I am going to marry her. They say you know when you know, and now I know for a fact that I plan on marrying her, obviously sometime in the future.

However, I don't want to scare her away by throwing this realization out there, but I know that I can shake any doubts away. I know I have her, but there is a part of me that wonders if maybe I'm just temporary in her life. She and Niall have such a history, that I can't help but wonder if this is all in my head. I can't help but wonder if maybe they will end up together.

But I have faith in us, and I have faith that we will persevere. I believe that we are end game and that we will get through whatever life decides to through at us.

"Babe, have I told you how appreciative I am of you?" Genevieve asks breaking me from my thoughts. This girl always manages to make my heart skip a beat and bring a smile to my face.

"You've mentioned it," I say laughing lightly. I am incredibly proud of this girl.

"But I don't feel like there are enough words to describe my appreciation of you," she says smiling, laying her head on my shoulder.

"I appreciate it, babe," I say placing my hand on her leg as I begin to rub gentle circles.

Never did I think that at 23 I would be a father figure to a four-year-old and would have found the girl I'm going to marry, but it's funny how life works. Life likes to throw many curveballs and keep you on your toes. I know Genevieve and I are not actually together, yet, but they say you know when you know. I never understood that phrase until now. It's hard explaining how you know you've found the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, except that you know when you know.

The feeling I get when I'm around her. She makes me feel happy even when I'm not with her. I'm always lost in thought about her and wonder what she's up to when we aren't together, and I want nothing more than to be around her at all times.

"Louis, what year do you graduate again?" she says breaking my train of thought.

"Well technically I could graduate this spring, but I was really late in figuring out what I wanted to do with myself, so I'm set to graduate in the fall," I say. Technically I am a senior, based on the amounts of credits I have earned, but since I'm graduating late, I tell everyone I'm a Junior to avoid any confusion, even though in the fall I will be a part-time student. After next semester I will have only 3 classes to take and I will be moving into my apartment.

"But in the fall, I will be part-time, only being enrolled in 3 classes I'll be forced to move off-campus since the school doesn't allow part-time students to live in on-campus housing," I say, updating her on my current academic situation.

"What's the difference between full time and part-time?" She asks.

"Well you're considered full time if you are enrolled in at least 12 credit, and part-time if you're in less than that," I say explaining this to her. "That is why academic counselors and financial aid advise that you are taking at least 12 credits, otherwise your financial aid is different," I say shrugging knowing that I will have to start looking for a job soon so I can pay for my final semester.