Chapter 12

Vote, Comment, and Share 

Don't be a ghost reader.

Genevieve

"He must really like you," I tell Louis smiling about their interaction earlier. His blue eyes staring into my brown eyes, causing me to push my long brown lock behind my ear. Just sitting here with him my grandmother guest room, I am at a loss for words. He's so good with him.

You never even had to ask him

My subconscious reminds me, which is refreshing. It's refreshing not having to tell someone to treat Jonah like a human.

"Louis," I say, mustering up the courage to ask him the one question on my mind, "Why are you so good with Jonah?" I finally blurt out.

"I don't see how someone can't, he's a special kid, and he needs someone, other than his mum, to show him that. No offense." He says, with a joking smirk, gently placing his hand back on my leg, sending electricity to my spin.

"Um.. I really should uh.. go see if my grandma needs my help." I say, awkwardly rubbing my neck, and standing up to make my way to wherever my grandmother is to see is he needs help making dinner.

"Yeah, um.. I should get back to my play date with Jonah.." he says, standing up, adding to the already awkward tension in the room.

We are currently both standing in front of each other with this silent awkward tension, not really sure what the next move is. He carefully takes a step closer to me decreasing the space in between us, and for some reason I don't move. My breath is hitched in my throat, carefully watching Louis, as I can feel his breath on my face. I look reluctantly look at his face.

"Yeah, um.. I uh. I should get going." I say, once my words have finally caught up with every instinct in my body. Once my mind is able to think straight, I walk toward the door, turning the door knob and walking through the threshold.

We were just caught up in the moment. I think to myself once the door closes.

Finally gaining full consciousness of my body, I walk down the hall to find where my grandmother is. I walk into her room and see that she is not there. I continue my venture through her house to find her sitting in the office, playing candy crush on her computer.

"Grandma, you better not send me any request to that stupid game." I tell her once I walk in, which causes her to lightly laugh.

"I'll keep that in mind." She says, adjusting the glasses on her face, turning her chair to face me. "Is everything okay Genny?" She asks, calling me by the nickname she gave me as a small child.

"Yeah, I just wanted to see if you need help with anything." I say, trying to distract myself from what almost happened in the other room.

"I won't be starting dinner for another hour or so, but you could run to the store and pick up a few things for me." She says, pulling out a pad and pen writing down a list of things she needed picked up, handling it to me

Tomatoes

Noodles

Basil

Baguette

Olive Oil

"I don't want you driving on your own." My grandma says, indicating that she wants me to take Louis with me.

"It's okay grandma, I can drive myself to the store." I assure her, again. Mostly saying this so I don't have to talk to Louis until I can tell him how what almost happened was a mistake, and that we were just caught in the moment.