Chapter 32

Here is the chapter we've all been waiting for...

Prepare your hearts... that's all I'm going to say...

Enjoy:)

Genevieve

After a peacefully lovely day out with Louis, he drove us to the hospital as fast as possible. However, I don't remember anything from the phone call to now, which is currently the hospital parking lot.

"Would you just pick a spot already," I snap at Louis, unintentionally directing my current stress towards him. I lost cell phone reception as soon as we entered the parking garage and I have no idea what is going one with Jonah.

"I can't pick a spot if there aren't any available," He mumbles under his breath annoyed that I am snapping at him for no reason. "Look we don't know what happened, all we know is that Jonah is with the doctor. Your grandmother said it's nothing to worry about," Louis says squeezing my knee in an attempt to calm me down.

"Nothing to worry about?!" I exclaim in frustration. "My three-year-old child is currently in the hospital and all anyone will tell me is to stop worrying. Something really bad happened or they would tell me," I say as my voice begins to break. "You don't know my grandmother as I do, she has always downplayed how big the problem is to keep me from freaking out. When my dad was on trial for theft, and substance abuse she told me he was on a business trip in South Carolina, and there was nothing to worry about. But he never came home. I found out from a friend who texted me the screenshot of the news article." I say trying to hide my face from Louis because he does not need to see me like this.

"How do you know she's downplaying it this time?" He said, trying to rationalize with me while he pulls into an empty parking spot. "How do you know this isn't just a broken bone, from him playing outside? I did break my arm a few times as a kid, it comes with being a kid." He says putting the car into park, grabbing my hand forcing them away from my face.

"Babe, look at me," He says, gently, as he brings his free hand to my face. I look at him, and I can tell by the look in his eye that he's afraid too. "Genevieve, love, I'm just as scared as you are, may slightly less. You're getting all work up to about this, and we don't know what happened," He says, wiping the tears from my eyes. "I know you, and I know that right now you're thinking of the worst-case-scenario, and I also know that 9 times out of 10 your worst case-scenarios never happen. So, I want you to take a minute, and get your breathing under control," Louis says, as he notices the signs that I'm about to enter full panic mode.

"In," He says, breathing in slowly as I slowly begin to breathe in through my nose.

"Out," He says breathing out as I slowly release the breath from my lungs through my mouth.

"In, and Out." Louis continues to direct my breathing patterns as I begin to gain control of my breathing again, and I also begin to feel my panic subside.

"Now, how do you know it's not just a broken bone? Broken bones happen all the time," Louis tells me as he grasps my hand in his, rubbing sweet circles on the palm.

"I just have a gut feeling. I mean, my grandmother tells me every time Jonah get a paper cut, so if it was a broken bone, I just know she'd tell me," I say breathing, feeling slightly less stressed than I did before. "Louis, what if he's dying?" I ask, revealing my worst-case scenario.

"Love, we can't assume anything. We just have to walk in the waiting room, wait for the doctor to update us, and try figuring out what happened. Let's take this step by step okay?" Louis says squeezing my hand cheering me up, knowing that I am not alone in this.