Chapter 5

Don't forget to Comment and Vote! 

Louis

It is currently 8:50 am on Thursday, which meant that my presentation was in ten minutes, and I have not slept a wink. I was up all night, making sure that this project was at least C material. I was up somewhat memorizing the material, so that I know what I'm talking about.

I am on my way to the Oxford building, debating if I should stop and grab a cup of coffee on the way to class so that I can stay up and not fall asleep during the class. I grab my phone out of my pocket and see that three minutes have passed, and I am still not within eye view distance from the building and decided against the coffee.

I begin speed walking so that I can make it to the building, walk up four flights of stair, and get to the classroom on time. Professor Hopkins does not accept tardiness as an excuse. If you are tardy, she marks you as absent and uses up your free absences for the class. Once I make it up all of the stairs, in what feels like record time, I slow down my walking because the classroom is located right across the entrance to the floor.

Opening the door to the third floor, I quickly go through the material for my project one more time in my head. Once I reach the door to the class, I take a deep sigh, and slowly open the door, hoping for the best on this project. I avoid eye contact with everyone, as I continue walking to my unassigned assigned seat, in the front corner. I place my things down in the seat next to me, pulling out my laptop so I can go over the presentation with the slides one last time.

My professor walks in, and I ignore her presence so I can cram as much information into my brain. This professor is typically a few minutes early so that everyone has time to get settled, and so that she can mark you tardy when you walk in at 9:01, so it doesn't really matter if I pay attention to her anyway.

"Okay class let's get started," She claps, at nine o'clock on the dot. "Today Champion, Barnes, Ingram, Tomlinson, and Gomez will be giving their presentations. It does not matter what order you go in, but you have until the end of the class to do your presentation." She explains to us, as she does with every group of students on presentation days, as she walks to the back of the classroom to sit down so she can evaluate our projects.

"Okay, I think I'll go," some girl from the back of the classroom proudly says walking up to the front of the classroom. "Hi, my name is Jasmine Barnes, and I choose to do my project on the 9/11 Terrorist Attack because I felt like this was a pivotal moment in American history, and it was one of the few times, we stood together as a nation." She begins, and that is when I start zoning out.

About 3 minutes into this presentation the door to the classroom opens up, and the whole class turns to see Genevie slumping in, really late, which is odd because she seems like the type of girl that is punctual.

"Hey, is anyone sitting here?" She whispers to me, seeing that there was currently nothing but my backpack occupying the chair next to me, and most likely because she does not want to cause further disruption during the presentation to sit in her normal seat. She looks more frantic than usual, and there seemed to be something off about her today.

I move my items from the chair to the floor, and avert my attention back to the presentation because I do not want Professor Hopkins to take points off for me not "paying attention". I continue scribbling down answers to the questions she wanted us to answer for our evaluations.

"Sorry to bother you, but do you have a pencil I can borrow, I had an interesting morning, and can't seem to find mine," Genevieve asks, and I quietly dig into my backpack and hand her a pencil, causing her to mouth thank you.

"Very nicely done, as always, Jasmine. Nice of you to join us, Miss Gregory, is there anything you and Mr. Tomlinson would like to share with the rest of us since it seems to be so much more important than these presentations?" The professor speaks up, once the girl finishes her presentation.