Chapter 36

Hello, lovelies <3

Vote, Comment, and Share

Genevieve

Louis and Jonah have been in the guest room for an hour, and I'm starting to get curious about what's going on. The past hour I have been helping my grandmother in the kitchen with dinner. I am currently peeling potato's so she can make homemade mashed potatoes for tomorrow. My grandmother is weird and has a thing about people using potato flakes to make mashed potatoes.

"Hey grandma, I'll be right back to finish this. I'm going to check on my boys," I say placing the peeled potato in the bowl with the others before washing my hands in the kitchen sink. I grab a hand towel to dry my wet hands.

"I like him," My grandmother starts. "What's going on between you guys?" She continues trying to get the most recent update, even though nothing has changed since the last time she asked about him, which was this morning.

"Nothing new," I say hanging the hand towel back up so it can air dry. "Anyways, I'm going to check on them, and make sure Jonah isn't overworking himself," I say walking up the stairs, hearing my boys talking.

"Don't tell your mum any of this, but" I hear Louis say to Jonah until the room gets quiet. I assume the Louis is whispering something to Jonah, in case I overhear the conversation. It makes me smile that I hear my boys sharing secrets. I quietly walk up to the door.

"Momma will love that!" Jonah says getting excited. I lightly knock on the door to let them know I'm walking in.

"Hey, I hope I'm not interrupting anything," I say opening the door, and sliding through the threshold.

"You? Never." Louis says standing up from his bed, pulling me into his warm embrace.

"Lou-" I say knowing that Jonah is in the room, but he interrupts me.

"Babe, it's fine. Trust me," He says winking at me.

"What are you up to Tomlinson?" I ask instantly knowing that the two of them are up to something.

"Would you please just trust me, Gregory?" Louis says rolling his eye at me, releasing me from the hug.

"Jonah, are you doing okay baby? Are you in any pain?" I ask knowing that Jonah would never complain about pain to Louis.

"No momma, I'm fine," Jonah says.

"Hey baby, why don't you open up that gift from Louis?" I say nodding toward the unwrapped gift in the corner.

"Am I allowed to? My birthday is next week." He says making me laugh at his cuteness.

"I know I normally don't let you open presents until the special day, but I'll make an exception this time," I say smiling over at Louis.

"But then I won't have anything to open from him at my party," Jonah says, and I look at Louis nervously.

"Well, about that buddy," I begin, not knowing how to break the news to Jonah that his best friend won't be coming to his party next week.

"So, we are going to have a special family celebration this weekend, and next weekend it's going to be a friend's celebration," Louis says stepping in. "We're going out tomorrow since it's getting late, but if you want to open the present go ahead," Louis continues.

Jonah jumps up off Louis's bed and runs over to the corner where the untouched bag sits. Louis takes this as an opportunity to sneak in a kiss before Jonah can see. I grab Louis's hand interlocking our fingers together pulling him over to the bed to sit down. Louis releases my hand and I lean up against his shoulder, as he wraps his arm around my shoulder.