Chapter 10

Comment, Vote, and Share

Genevieve

"What do you have planned for the break?" I ask Louis, knowing that his family lives in London, and he has no one to spend the break with.

"I don't know yet, I'll probably just stay here on campus and try catching up on all my work, you know away from all the distractions." He says, sitting in my pink chair, as we attempt to finish this project we were assigned to do together, and by that, I mean, since I have been physically unable to attend class, Professor Hopkins said that we could do it together, and we haven't really gotten that far in it.

"You're telling me you're not even going to fly out to see your family?" I question, already knowing that he won't.

"No, I can't afford to fly out now and then again three weeks later. Besides, Liam and Harry are going to Washington together to visit some family, so I think the silence will be nice, for once." He says laughing.

I have gotten to know Louis a lot over the past few weeks, and I know that as much as he loves his best friends, they also get on his nerves. He tells me every day how grateful he is that I give him an excuse to escape their "boyish shenanigans". I have yet to meet his best friends, but by the way, he talks about them, and the things they do that "annoy" him, I can tell they are a genuinely fun group.

"Boo! Nobody should spend break alone. You can stay with me, it's only a three-hour car ride, and you won't have to pay a thing. Plus my grandma has a guest room she's been wanting to use." I tell him. We have one more day until the school releases us to our families to enjoy our five-day weekend.

"Are you sure? I don't want to impose." He says, which is predictable. "And what about Niall?"

"Trust me, my grandma doesn't care, she loves my friends. Besides, she always cooks way too much, and there's only so much three of us can eat." I tell him, insisting on him joining us, and I pull out my phone to text my grandma. "What time does your last class end tomorrow? We can leave once you get out." I continue, smiling at the fact that I will be going home in just a few short hours.

I can't wait until I get all my work turned in tomorrow, because I am free once I get out.

Oh, and by the way, I invited my friend Louis to join us.

"Our 9 am in my only class tomorrow, all the other professors canceled. Why?" He hesitantly asks.

"Oh, because I just texted my grandma telling her you would be joining us, so there is not back out. You have to know." I telling him with a toothy smile. "And about Niall, he's joining his family in Colorado his year. They are going skiing. Besides, I am my own person and he's just going to have to deal with it." I continue answering the questions he has stated before, sticking my tongue out, causing him to respond with a very sassy eye roll.

It is evident that the shy, and timidly awkward Louis I meet so many weeks ago has finally come out of his shell. Well at least around me, and occasionally Delilah. I have had a pleasure getting Louis to feel comfortable around me and Delilah. I have tried really hard for him to feel that way around the whole group, but he always shy's away.

"Louis, why are you always so talkative around me and Delilah, but when I invite you to hang out with the whole group you go back to your socially awkward self, no offense," I ask, extremely curious about his change in personality.

"I guess I just get intimidated in large crowds, it's easier for me to talk when I comfortable." He says, shrugging his shoulders, which make sense because he does hang out with me and Delilah the most out of our group. Even with how comfortable he is with us, it did take us a little bit.