Chapter 33

Vote and Comment :)

Louis

It is currently 6:23 in the evening, and we are still waiting for the doctor to give us another update. We haven't heard from the doctor in over three hours, and I can tell Genevieve is beginning to get anxious. I am doing the best I can to keep her mind off the worst possible case scenario.

"Hey babe, let's go get something from the cafeteria, I bet you're starving," I say standing up, reaching my hand out in front of her so she can grab it and follow me.

"I'm not hungry," she says, nervously fiddling with her fingers, so I can tell that she's lying.

"Genevieve," I say looking at her, "don't lie to me. I know that the only thing you've eaten today is one slice of pizza what like five hours? I know that one slice of pizza is not keeping you full." I say to her, knowing that she is too consumed with her thoughts.

"Louis, I'm not hungry, can you drop it?" She says, snapping at me. I don't take her snapping personal knowing that she is going through a lot at the moment, feeling like her world is crashing down.

"Okay, fair. Maybe you aren't hungry, but I am and I would like to spend some time with my girl. Would you join me?" I say, knowing that she doesn't want to leave because she wants to stay put in case the doctor came out for an update.

"Louis, if you want to go to the cafeteria, just go. I don't want to leave and the doctor comes in with an update," She says in a calm voice, and I can tell by the look in her eyes that she just wants to be left alone, so I decided to go to the cafeteria on my own.

I awkwardly walk away from her, shoving my hands in my pockets before walking to the desk to ask the nurse for directions to the cafeteria. The nurse tells me that the cafeteria is on the first floor, which means I'll be gone for at least 30 minutes, which should give Genevieve enough time to comes to her senses.

I walk down the hall, towards the elevator, hitting the button to summon the elevator. I pull my phone out of my pocket and open a text I have from Zayn.

Louis, I hear you're staying on campus for break. We should get drinks or something.

On the night of the party in Zayn's frat house, we exchanged phone numbers in case we ever needed anything, mostly for school-related purposes. Originally, I thought this would be like every other college friends, where you exchange number and never speak to each other against, however the first time either of us has contacted the other.

The elevator dings telling me that it had arrived. When the doors opened I step inside pressing the button to send the elevator to the first floor. I unlock my phone, as the doors of the elevator close, to answer the text from Zayn.

I'm staying with a friend two hours away from campus.

I respond to Zayn, personally feeling extremely awkward about this new need for Zayn to become friends with his best friends, ex-girlfriends, current boyfriend. Can I even call myself her boyfriend?

My thoughts are interrupted by the elevator's ding that tells me I am on the first floor. I carefully, and slowly walk out, taking my time. I walk up to a sign the gives me directions to the cafeteria and see that it is just straight down the hallway on my right.

Walking down the quiet halls of the hospital I take the time I have to try figuring out things between Genevieve and me. Well, mostly figuring out how I wanted to handle things with Genevieve right now.

I arrive at the cafeteria and pick up a tray trying to figure out what I am in the mood to eat. Before a lot of walking around and debating between multiple different entrée's I decided to keep it simple and get a burger and chips for myself. I continue looking at the options trying to figure out what I should get Genevieve. I know she told me she wasn't hungry, but I know that she is too focused on the current situation to pay attention to her stomach.