Chapter 35

Vote, and Comment :)

Louis

It's been a week since the adventure at the hospital with Genevieve. I haven't seen Genevieve all week, mostly because she stayed back after the whole weekend. Luckily, her professors were extremely empathetic to her situation, and have allowed her to finish the semester online. With there only being one week of classes left, it shouldn't be that hard for her to get her work in.

"Louis, we are trying to figure out our plans for the weekend, are you going to be here, or has Genevieve already roped you into something?" Liam says walking into our phone while typing something into his phone.

"I technically haven't been roped into anything as you would say, but I was planning on stopping by her gran's house this weekend, to check up on them," I say, wondering why he wants to know what my plans are.

"Check up on who?" Harry says, not knowing anything about the context of our conversation.

"Genevieve and her gran it sounds like," Liam says.

"What's even going on with you two? You're always together, every weekend you're with her, you're barely in the dorm anymore." Harry says, suddenly getting suspicious.

"Nothing," I say, not sure about our current situation, so I go with the least complicated answer. "We haven't seen each other this week, so I just figured I'd check up on her to make sure she's alright," I say shrugging as if it's no big deal.

"Bro, you guys aren't even together, and you're whipped," Harry says, lightly patting me on the back.

"Harry, you don't even know what she's going through, she's has had a rough week and I just want to make sure she's doing okay, after everything with Jonah and –" I say suddenly realizing that they are unaware of Genevieve's home life.

"Who's Jonah? Did you mean Niall?" Liam says immediately catching my slip up.

I know that if I lie they will be able to read right through me, but it's also not my place to tell my friends this information without her consent.

"It's not my place to say," I say awkwardly trying to hint that I don't want to talk about it. However, I know my best friends and know that they will not leave it alone. I swear they are worse than teenage girls when it comes to gossip.

"Oh come on, who would we tell?" Harry says, continuing trying to convivence me to "spill the tea" as the kids these days call it.

"Liam? No one. But Harry? That's a serious question. It's not necessarily a secret, and she'd tell you if you ask, but I'm not sure if it's my place to tell." I say shrugging, trying to explain myself. I know I don't have to explain myself to them, but if I don't, they won't drop the subject.

I heard my phone buzz from my desk, and I walk over to check it.

1 photo attachment - Genevieve