Chapter 4

Don't forget to comment through out the story, that's my favorite part :) 

Genevieve

I was currently at Niall's apartment, laying on his couch while watching some movie I can't seem to remember the name of. After having the day I have had, and how hard it was to focus throughout the day on three hours of sleep, I needed this. I just needed to get my mind off everything school related and enjoy this time with my boyfriend.

"Babe, put your phone down and enjoy the movie," Niall says to me, as I am checking my messages from my grandma finalizing our plans for this weekend.

"Ni, I'm talking to my grandma. She's trying to make plans for this weekend." I say snuggling closer to him, and he begins playing with my hair, twirling a strand in-between his finger.

"You're going home this weekend?" He asks, and I just nod in response. "This weekend as in Friday, Saturday, and Sunday?" He continues asking.

"Yes, Jonah has been asking when I'm going to visit again, and I figured this would be a good weekend," I explain, locking my phone, putting it in my lap and looking him in the eyes.

"Babe, our tournament is this weekend. I need you there." He says, letting go of me, and pushing away from me.

"I'm so sorry! I forgot, but you'll be fine without me there for a few games." I say rubbing his arm as a way to comfort him.

"Yeah, whatever." He grumbles getting up, stomping into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry, but something came up, and I can't cancel," I say following Niall into the kitchen.

"As I said earlier it's whatever. I don't care. Cancel a promise you made to me your boyfriend, months ago, for some last-minute visitation to see your grandma and Jonah, just because he misses you." He snaps. I know he doesn't mean it the way it sounds, but it still hurts that he doesn't understand.

"That's not even fair! You're not allowed to get mad at me for choosing my family over you. You don't even understand what they are going through. Jonah misses me, so what? I'm never home because I'm always following you around, like some puppy dog, to your stupid games!" I clap back.

Niall and I have a complicated relationship. We met two years ago when his sister, Angelica, introduced us one day when I was hanging out at her house while he was a break from college, and we've had an entire journey since then. We've been through so much together, but I can't imagine my life with anyone else.

"If they are so stupid why do you keep coming? Why don't you just stay behind? God forbidden I want you there." He hisses throwing his hands up in the air.

"This is so stupid! I'm done." I say walking out of the room, mostly because I don't understand what is going on or how we went from enjoying a movie to having a screaming match in record time.

"Sure, go, and run off like you do every time there is a minor inconvenience in this relationship!" He spits under his breath, but still loud enough for me to hear it.

"Screw you. I do not run off every time, only when the arguments are stupid. And right now, I don't even know what we are arguing about." I cry out in frustration.

"Because you don't seem to understand how much this tournament means to me!" He says, in a snappy, but less angry tone. "I'm sorry, but this tournament means so much to me, and I would really like you on the sidelines cheering me on, you're my good luck charm." He says bringing the volume in his voice down. "Besides you promised months ago that you would be there, and I told the coach you would be there so he would reserve a room for you, and he's going to be so mad that I wasted the team's money again." He says, finally revealing the reason behind his outburst.