Chapter 21 - Dumb Pretty Girl

Start from the beginning

Throughout the days, things were really changing. I hadn't told Lizzie about Tristan's betrayal so she was being nice to him and being his friend. So was Cam. Daniel however, knew what had happened and kept glaring at him. All Tristan did was roll his eyes and got on with his work. I sat in science, staring at the teacher while Tristan stared at me. He was sitting across the room but still wouldn't take his eyes off of me. I put my fringe down so that it could act like a wall between us.

Won't you ever talk to me about this Scar? he said.

Why did you join? You're too old to be here. I replied.

I don't care, I just had to see you.

You already told me what happened and I don't believe you so stop stalking me.

Isn't that why you fell in love with me in the first place?

I didn't reply but he continued.

Besides- he had gotten interuppted. I was in his head so I knew why. The girl next to him had tapped his arm and passed him a note. He was reading it in his mind so I heard. It said 'I'm so glad we're lab partners, I can already sense the chemistry between us. ;) <3'

I put my fringe behind my ear and looked at the person sitting next to him. She was a brunette, wearing too much makeup and her lips glistening with lipgloss that she had probably plastered all over her face before every lesson she thought she had with him. I listened for his reaction. He wrote back 'I'm taken.', he passed the note to her and her face went bright red as soon as she read it, she avoided his eye contact and blocked herself from him with her hair, just as I was doing.

I quickly looked away when he looked again and pretended to do my work.

Scar, please, just believe me, I will do anything it takes to-

Why didn't you just say yes to her? You are into brunettes aren't you?

You have it all wrong! I don't know her! Why don't you just give me another chance and I'll prove to you how much you mean to me?

I think you've proved enough... besides... I thought you loved me.

Who said I stopped? Scar just please believe me. You were made for me and I was made for you, you made me feel so many things I didn't even know existed. It was like all my life was dark until you switched on the light. I am never letting you go Scarlett, it's never going to happen.

Go away... I don't love you anymore.

I was planning on to hurt him in some way but it didn't.

Yes you do, I know you do. If you hated me, you would've stopped talking ages ago.

Yeah, I stopped talking then. The rest of the door went by slowly, I walked home from school, he was behind me, I could feel his eyes on the back of my head, trying to burn their way into my mind. While I was walking, I saw Riley and even Becky giving me worried looks. What was going on?

I stopped walking and I knew he stopped too because I could feel his scent blending in with the wind to reach my nose. I turned around and looked up to his tall figure.

"Leave me alone." it wasn't a request. It was a demand that I tried best to sound fierce with.

"No." he replied simply. "Not until you give me another chance."

"That's not going to happen. So you really want to chase after me for so long?" I asked.

"I'll never stop and if that's what it takes, then yes. You don't know what you are to me." he put his arms out, coming towards me but I put my fingertips on his chest to stop him from coming any closer. The simple touch was burning through our skin, exchanging the fire that couldn't wait to get out. Our wolves howling with excitement at how close we were, yearning for more.