Prologue

Prologue

"Jacob just put the gun down everything will be alright." My mother said trying to calm my father down.

I was in the corner of my living room completely and utterly terrified. My father had gone crazy thinking my mother had cheated on him. My father was always an aggressive human being but never hurt my mother or I. But this time he was on the edge and pulled out a gun. I immediately ran behind the couch.

"Just tell me who he is Kathryn." My father asked. His lip twitched, pointing the gun at my mother.

"There is no one. I did not cheat on you." My mother had tears rolling down her cheek.

"I know you did! You worked late every night this week. Who is he?" My father yelled.

"I've just been really busy Jacob. I didn't betray you." She looked him dead in the eye then looked at me. There was complete terror in her eyes.

I didn't want to move but I had to get the phone so I could call the police. I tried quietly to crawl over to the kitchen. I finally reached the island where the phone was sitting on. I picked it up and dialed 911.

Ring

Ring

"Come on come on." I whispered to myself.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Oh yes thank god. My name is Stella Jones and my father-"

"STELLA? What are you doing?" I heard my father yell. I could hear him coming to me.

"Jacob let her be!" I heard my mom yell.

"Please help us!" I shouted.

Then my dad came over and saw what I had done. He pulled the trigger and pain shot through my stomach. I cried out in pain.

"Jacob!" My mother cried and knelt down beside me.

My dad fell to his knees.

"I- I'm so sorry Stella. I didn't.." Tears fell from his eyes.

"Keep your eyes open honey. Please Stella please." My mother begged as she grabbed a kitchen towel and put pressure on my stomach. She pulled my head into her lap and cried.

"Stella please. I love you." It was the last thing I heard before blacking out.