Chapter 5

Nova.

Ok so here's what you needed from the store

Ok so here's what you needed from the store." My mom gives me a bag.

"Thank you."

"Who's this person coming over?" She asked.

"His name is Isaiah. He is from out west."

"No." She shakes her head. "You can do this project or he can. Ion want no boy from the west in my house."

"Momma it's just for a project, nothing else," I said.

She crossed her arms. "I'll see." She said.

"Momma," I said.

"Uhm." She said walking away.

I went to take everything out of the bag. I looked up how to create a Wave Machine on YouTube. I get started on it.

A couple of minutes later the doorbell rings. I put everything down and walked out of my room. I went downstairs and got the door.

Isaiah stood there. I let him in. "Sup." He said.

"Hi," I said. "My room is this way."

He followed me upstairs to my room. "Nice crib."

I nodded. "I started already. I was just putting the stick on the tape."

He helped me out by putting the sticks on the tape. After that, we lay another piece of tape on top of the sticks.

We put big gummy candy on both sides of the sticks. We tape the end of the tapes on the end of two little stands.

"That didn't even take long." He said.

"It didn't." I agreed.

"This is kinda dope." He said.

I sat down at my computer going to my Google Docs and writing the explanation of the project.

This project was like 8th-grade science. I chose it just because it was easy to create.

Working with Isaiah wasn't bad like everyone say he is. He was actually nice. After we finished everything we agreed on turning it in tomorrow just because I like to turn everything in early.

After he left my mom walked in my room. "So?"

"So what?" I asked.