Chapter 28

Nova.

I get in Momma car and waited for her to take me too school

I get in Momma car and waited for her to take me too school. I was already running late since I wanna stay up all last night. When she came out the house she gets in the car.

I look at my phone as it rings. It was Nick. I answered the phone.

"Aye Nova?"

"Yea."

"Look whatever you doing stop come to Isaiah house. He been shot." He said.

"What?" I said as my heart drop. "Where are you?"

"I'm leaving school with Jay. Meet you there?"

"Yea." I said before he hung up. "Momma we gotta go over there on the West side."

"What?" She said. "No you going to school." She said.

"Momma please my friend he's hurt." I said. She looks at me.

"Who?" She asked.

"No time for questions just drive." I said. She did what I said and drove to the West. Once we arrived I told her where to go. I knew she was uncomfortable since she never comes on the side.

As we enter his neighborhood people was down the street to see what was going on. "Momma just let me out here." I said.

"Are you sure about this?" She said. She nodded. She unlocks the door. I get out the car and pushed pass the people.

One of the police officers stopped me from going pass the yellow tape. When he turned around and started to walk away. I crossed the tape and went to the ambulance to Isaiah sitting there.

"Are you ok?" I asked him hugging him automatically. He nodded.

"Yea. I'm cool." He said. "I gotta bruisesom me But I'm fine."

"Nick told me you was shot." I said confused seeing that he was totally fine.

"I was. Thanks to Mr Lee. He suited me up." He said shaking hands with the man that sat next to him. "Monte was in my face the whole time and I didn't even see it."

"He's going down for good." Mr Lee said. "Detectives been looking for him for minute. Glad you found out before he killed anyone else."

I was pushed to the side by Nick. He hugs Isaiah along with Jay. "Don't scare me like that man! Thinking you was shot don't do that! Had a nigga heart beating hella fast man! You should be shame of yourself. What a damn shame!" Nick yells at him.