Chapter 16

Isaiah Johnson
Days later.

"So calling me at 3 something in the morning and dragging out my house when I can be sleep

"So calling me at 3 something in the morning and dragging out my house when I can be sleep." I look over at Nova.

"I had to get out my house." She said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Brother is home. He was being a ass." She said. "He invited old friends over and just had to embarrass me."

I chuckled. "Ain't That what brothers do?" I asked.

"I understand if we were on good terms. But we're not. He does it on purpose he know I get de-. He knows how I am."She said. She let out a sigh letting her head back. "I don't even want to talk about it anymore."

I nodded. Hearing the door open making us look seeing Monty my Mothers Boyfriend coming outside to light a cigarette. "What you doing up Isaiah?"

"It's Kilo to you." I

"Duval daughter? Wow. Brave ain't you Isaiah?" He said.

I waved him off looking at Nova. "I wanna go somewhere real quick." I told her. She nodded. I quickly went in the house to grab my keys then we left.

I was taking her somewhere I like to go when I don't have anything to do.

"You Like old school music?" She said.

"Yea. Old school music is a bop. Better than this new music they put out today. I fuck with this generation music but I as hard as I do with old school. Old school teach you thing." I told her. She nodded.

"It does." She agreed. "What type though?"

"Hip hop and R&B. Why?"

"Because every time I get in your car it's always some old music playing."

"You know something about this?" I turned up the radio as Not gon cry by Mary J Blige continues to play.

"Mother favorite song when my Daddy cheated." She said.

"For real? My Momma used to repeat this song before it even ended." I said.

"That's what I like about old school. Especially the love songs. Makes me feel like I'm in a relationship." She said.

"You are." I glance at her.

"You said I'm your shorty. You didn't even ask me the question. So technically we are not in a relationship." She said. I nodded.