Chapter 32

Nova.

I let out a big sigh

I let out a big sigh. "I miss my Kilo." I said.

"Go see him." Norm said.

"Ion know. Robert birthday I coming up and I haven't heard from so I just gave him some space." I said.

"Oh. Maybe if you just go see him he might feels better." She said. "I'll go with you. Nick wants me to come over."

"For what?" I asked.

"So I can make him some cookies. He said since his momma left he only one in the house." She said.

"Ouuuu." I said.

"Don't oouuu me Because it already happened." She said.

"Excuse me then. And didn't even tell me." I said. "Wow."

"Mind your business Nova." She said.

I looked at the time it was 7 o'clock. I get dressed in a yellow sweater and legging. We leave my room and go downstairs.

"Where y'all going?" Momma asked.

Instead of lying I told her the truth. "Isaiah house."

"No ma'am it's going on 8 o'clock." She said.

"Mama please. I'm just going to talk to him." I said.

"Baby chill." Daddy said. "Nova you can go. Come back."

"What?" She said. I tapped Norm letting her to open the door to leave.

We hurried and got in her car and left. "My god she never lets me go out now that's she knows I'm dating Isaiah."

"To be honest. She's trying to control your life and want you to date a boy from the North. But sometimes Nova you have to say what needs to be said." She said.

"Right." I said.

"Like sometimes your moms can be a little too much you just have to tell her hey I'm growing up I'm going get a boyfriend you might not like him but and that's ok."

"Exactly. I don't understand why she don't like him. Daddy likes him."

"At least he does. Because if he didn't whew sis." She said making me laughing.

After a drive to the west side. After she dropped me off at his house I walked up to the porch and knocked on the door.

His dad opens the door. "Hey. What you doing here at this time of night?" He asked letting me in.

"I came to see Isaiah. We haven't spoke in a couple days." I said he nodded.

I walked to his room and knocked on the door before entering his room. The lights were off. "Isaiah." I called his name.

I see his figure in his bed. "Can you close the door?" He said. I close the door behind and sat down on his bed. He reached over turning on blue light that were on the ceiling.

"I know it's rough for you this month." I said. "Robert birthday is coming up and I understand. If you wondering why I haven't texted or call you in a couple days is because I wanted you to have space to yourself."

"It's cool." He said sitting.

I took off my shoes and scoot closer to him. "It's ok to cry." I said. As soon as I said it he broke down crying. I wrapped my arms around him giving a comfort hug. "Just know he's in a better place."

"I just wish it wasn't him." He said. I wiped his face with my sleeve. We stayed in the hugging position for about 5 minutes.

He pulls away from the hug. "Thank you." He said. "Thank you for being here. I really needed someone."

"You Welcome-"

"My god is it filled with sadness in here." Nick busted in his room turning on the lights.

"Nick stop it." Norm pinched him turning off the lights.

"You good man?" Jay asked as they share a bro hug.

"Yea." He said.

"Ok look now that everyone is here I have something to announce." Nick said. "Norm and I are dating."

"That's no secret." Jay said. "Especially after we came back from Miami."

"Ok never mind. But just know Norm and I finally date after the long time of trying so hard to get with her stubborn ass. So I should be appreciated." He said.

"Norm you make him take his medicine?" Jay asked.

She took his pills out her purse. "His mom gave me them. I'm glad she did." She said making us laugh.

"Hey hey put those away we can let's everyone see our crack." He said shoving his pills in her purse.

"While we announcing stuff we have a announcement." Zai said. "I'm pregnant."

Nick eye nudged out his head. "Jay you been hitting that rat. Whew ewww." He said. Zai flicked him off.

"Norm give him his medicine." She said. "Special Ed head ass."

"For real?" I said.

"Just two weeks." She said.

"Aww." Norm said.

"You told your parents?" I said.

"Yea. They wasn't mad but the wish I would've waited." She said.

"Well we have news." Isaiah said. "Nova and I going off to college after school."

"Wait a damn minute. Where?" Nick said.

"FAMU." He said. "We got accepted."

"Damn Florida man." Jay said. "Congrats man."

"Here's some advice. Look stay together. Them Florida hoes look good. Kilo keep your hands to yourself please. Man look girls in Florida don't give to fuck if you have a nigga so Nova its time for you to grow some balls and learn how to talk shit." He said.

"Nick shut up." I said.

"Ion have to worry about no hoes. This my shorty." He threw his arm around me pulling me kissing my cheek. "Forever my shorty."

"Aww. Forever my little thug." I said.

"Little? Who little?" He said. He leaned towards my ear and whispered. "Ight let's not make our friends leave and I'll show you what's up."

"Ok." I said."My bad."

"What I thought." He said.

TBC