~Chapter 29~

-KATHERINE'S P.O.V.-

I sat in the chair looking out the window as the sunlight shinned through the window allowing some light to reach the basement. I got up and stretched making sure to relax my body. I walked upstairs to the kitchen.

"Let's see if this works" I said to myself looking at the un lit candle on the table. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Lumer" I said opening my eyes. I smiled seeing the candle lit on. I looked at my hands, I guess practice does make perfection. I turned to the front door as someone knocked. It was barely seven in the morning who could it be. I looked out the curtain, what was he doing here.

"Zach, what are you doing here?"

"May I come in"

"Sure"

I stepped aside as he walked in. I closed the door following him to the living room.

"What's with the roses?" I said looking at the bouquet of white roses in his hand.

"There for you" He turned around handing them to me. I looked at him confused before grabbing them. The roses turned balck as soon as I grabbed them. I let them go as they fell on the ground.

"What just happened?"

"You're power, it's all over your body now, you've been practicing haven't you"

"What does that have to do with roses?"

"Remember the first day I came to visit you and handed you the roses. I wanted to know if you were going to be part of us. You weren't since the roses didn't turn black, but now that you've allowed your powers to come in you, the roses changed"

"I'm not understanding?"

"Roses are a representation of pureness, any dark thing that touches them they die"

"What about you?"

"That's why I hold them with my sleeve"

"I know you didn't just come here to find out if I've been using my powers or not. Why are you here Zach?"

"I'm here because I'm worried about you. Katherine, you don't know how to handle the powers you have, you need someone who can help you control them"

"Zach I know what I need, you don't"

"Katherine, you don't know how to handle your powers, they could even be more powerful than you think"

"Don't worry, I don't plan on doing anything bad with them"

"Please come to us once you're ready, we'll all be wanting especially Jonah"

He walked out leaving me alone. If only they knew what was coming. Something bad was coming, something none of us would be prepared to face, and it's coming soon.

                -JONAH'S P.O.V.-

"You need to help her, she's part of you now" I looked at the ancestors as they paced back in forth in their living room.

"You don't get it Jonah, Violeta was the first ancestor born, she holds the greatest power amongst all of us. One wrong thing and Katherine can end us both"

"So you're scared of her?"

"It's not that, a newly witch is hard to contain especially one that holds the greatest power"

"So you guys aren't going to nothing about her?"

"There's nothing we can do, Katherine has it under control. Nothing bad can happen as long as she has it under control"