~Chapter 26~

-JONAH'S P.O.V.-

"When are you leaving?"

"Today afternoon"

"Jonah, I still don't think this is a good idea"

"Jack, it's the only way we can help Nana and also find out where Violeta is"

"Jonah...have you ever considered that maybe Violeta is...gone"

I stood up and looked at him.

"Don't ever say that, got it"

I walked out of the cafeteria and walked outside. The snow was beginning to fall as it became colder. Today was the last day of school before we go to winter break. I walked back inside the school going towards the library when I heard Katherine talking. I hid behind the vending machine as I heard her talking, she was talking to Joseph.

"Are you sure she's okay?" She sounded worried.

"Yeah she is, my dad said not to worry, it may be because she isn't getting enough sleep, which is why he ordered her to go on bedrest for a week just to make sure she get's better"

"Thank you Jospeh"

"No problem, that's what friends are for. I have to go now, Mark wants me to help him study for our math final"

"Okay, bye"

I looked out from the vending machine and saw him walking away. What were they talking about? I've been so caught up with finding Violeta that I haven't been talking to Katherine as much. I've been the worst boyfriend ever. I walked behind her and hugged her leaning my chin on her shoulder. She turned and looked at me.

"I'm sorry" I said looking at her.

"For...for what?"

"For ignoring you lately and not being by your side"

"Jonah, don't worry, you've been helping Daniel talking care of the store because of Nana, by the way is her arm better"

"Yeah, she's getting better"

I pulled back and pulled her closer to me hugging her.

"Are you busy tonight" She asked.

"Me and Daniel have to pick up an order after school"

She smiled at me, but it was a smile that was being forced.

"It's okay, good thing we have all winter break to spend together" She pulled away.

"I have to go, I have a English to study for, I'll see you tomorrow" She kissed my cheek before walking away.

"Katherine" She continued walking away. I punched the locker from frustration, how can I keep ignoring her, she's my girlfriend.

-KATHERINE'S P.O.V.-

"Bye guys" I walked out of class, finally school is over and it's time for winter break.

I walked to my locker pushing through the crowd of students in the hallway. I opened my locker and put my things away when my phone began ringing. It was an unknown number.

"Hello"

No one was talking, it was silent.

"Hello, is anyone there"

"Katherine" It was a guy's voice.

"Yes, who is this"

"I found you"

He hung up, I tried to dial the number again but no one would answer. Who was this?

"Hey, you okay?"