"Can't stand them. It's too early for all this." She said.

"I know." I said.

We go in the school and go to our locker. Before I could even open my locker Natalie walked up to me.

"Homework?" She held out her hand.

"I turned it in already." I spoke but my voice was so low at the moment.

"Huh? Speak louder." She said.

"I turned it in." I spoke louder.

"Oh. Good." She said walking away.

"Ion know why you let these people run over you like that." She said

"I'm just nice." I told her.

"A little too nice." She said.

The bell rings letting us know it was time for class. We headed into class and sat in my seat waiting for the lesson to start. While I was waiting I doodled on some paper. Doodling turned into drawing something meaningful.

I felt the seat next to me fill in. I glance to my left to see Kilo looking at my drawing. I flipped it over putting in my binder.

"Welcome to class everyone. Today we are going to do something different." Mr Hayne said. "Can someone tell me what's life?"

"A thing a human lives." Nick said.

"True. But give me more details."

"The existence of a human or animal." I said.

"Yes. Anyone wants to add to that?"

"Something that's alive." Natalie said.

"Sort of But ok. Now I want someone to come up to the board and write a famous quote you heard."

Mr Hayne started calling on people from the back of the room that didn't pay attention. Basically people were writing the basic quotes that didn't have a meaning to it.

"Isaiah." He said. He looked up and stood up grabbing the marker. He started writing.

Life hurts more than death

"Tell me what's this mean to you?" Mr Hayne asked.

"Means death you die ain't no coming back you either in heaven or hell. Life you live this shit. It's hell." He said.

"He's so fine." A girl said, making some girls chuckle. They just missed everything he was talking about.

"Nova. You can come up here?" Mr Hayne said.

I put down my pencil and went up the board. I didn't even know what to write. I just wrote something that probably didn't even make sense.

She's drowning and nobody sees her struggle.

"What?" Someone said.

"Huh?"

I put the marker down. "I thought you said a famous quote we heard. Ain't nobody heard of that."

I put the marker down and sat down. I felt him look at me. I looked at him and he was looking at my wrist. Pulled and sleeve for to cover my wrist giving my attention to Mr Hayne.

After class Mr Hayne needed to up to me after everyone left the class.

"Are you ok Miss Miller?" He asked. "What you wrote on the board, who are you talking about?"

"I just wrote something. Something that was true." I said.

"Ok." He said touching my shoulder making me flinch. "Is ok if I could touch your shoulder?" He removed his hand. I nodded. "You want to talk to a counselor?"

"No sir I'm ok." I said. He nodded. "Just making sure because we don't need our students-"

"Nova!" Norm's voice entered the class. "Come on girl."

I walked out the class room and down the hall with Norm. "What was that about?" She asked.

"Asked me if I needed to talk to a counselor." I told her.

"Why would-" She bumped into you, a guy. He turned around. I noticed it was Nick.

"My fault." He said grabbing her shoulder like she was about to fall.

She shrugged, pushing his hands away. "Uhm." She said, continuing to walk. Instead of going to our next class she walked in the bathroom.

I leaned on the wall as I waited on her. I made eye contact with Kilo. He looked away once I caught him staring at me.

Norm came out of the bathroom dusting off her shoulder. Norm is also a germaphobe.

"Can't believe this." She said. "Can't believe he just touched me."

"Norm you were about to fall and get embarrassed." I said. "You're lucky he caught you."

"Yes but ugh just the germs that's got on me." She cringed. I chuckled and shook my head.

TBC