quarante.

Warning: Smut ahead!

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

Josh didn't see Tyler for a week. It was not for a lack of trying honestly since he felt horrible and wanted to apologize to his boyfriend. He did not mean to say anything like that to Tyler and had wished to make it better at that moment, but Tyler needed his space. Disappearing from work for a week was not what Josh had in mind when he thought space however...

Olivia had been inconsolable the first day when he picked her up and Tyler wasn't there. She kept mumbling about Tyler promising her he'd be there. Josh had carried his sobbing daughter away from the judging looks of the other parents and spent a rough night trying to calm her down. By Wednesday, he was getting worried not just about Olivia's withdrawn state after not seeing Tyler in four days but Tyler himself. It wasn't like him to miss work and he usually did not miss unless he was on his period. Which shouldn't be an option since Tyler just got over his period.

It was Saturday when Josh found out where Tyler was. Well Hayley did and then proceeded to practically kick in Josh's door like the cops were breaking in.

"Josh! Tyler was" she paused looking down at Olivia, who had a spoon raised her to mouth, cold macaroni falling back in the bowl. She was focused on Hayley now that she mentioned Tyler, her food that was already abandoned for an hour once more forgotten.

"Tyler was what?" Josh asked, sitting on the edge of his seat. He was tired from trying to get Olivia to eat, but like his daughter, was more invested in Tyler than food or anything else. Hayley looked between them, gnawing on her lip before coming closer to him to whisper in his ear. Josh kept his eyes on his daughter, watching her face closely in case she started to get fussy again. He had enough of seeing his little peach crying.

"Tyler got in a car accident on the way to Jenna's house, broke his arm according to her Instagram," Hayley informed him, pulling out her phone and showing him the pictures. He had no clue that she followed Jenna on Instagram.

The video showed Tyler with a red cast, attempting to button his jeans and pouting when Ashley (he recognized her with her blue hair) had to come over and button them for him. His shirt was off, showing his scars and the caption said 'ty is pouty because he can't do everything by himself'. It made Josh's stomach wrench. He should be taking care of Tyler.

He couldn't call Tyler since he respected his wish and didn't really want to get punched again. He doubt that Jenna or Ashley would talk to him, they had blocked him on social media. Josh turned away from the phone, looking down at his daughter who abandoned the bowl of food and was standing in between his legs waiting to hear about Tyler.

"He was having fun with his friends," he said, stomach clenching at the disappointment on her face as she nodded, going back to her cold food. This break between them had really hurt her and it was one of the reasons that Josh was skeptical about bringing Tyler into her life, terrified that he would leave her like Sarah did. However, unlike Sarah, Josh wanted Tyler to stay despite the risks. Granted Tyler hasn't officially left him yet and had a pretty valid reason for why he didn't show up at work, but Josh was puzzled why he didn't tell him about the accident.

Josh glanced at Hayley before scooting on the floor and feeding Olivia her macaroni. He would worry about Tyler another time. He had a melancholic daughter to take care of right now.

They did not actually meet face to face until the following Wednesday when Josh was late picking up Olivia and had crashed through the door on his way much like their first meeting.

"I'm super sorry Ms. Palmer! I was stuck," Josh excused cut off when he was not met with petite blonde that had been taking over Tyler's class, but the brunet himself. His arm was in a brace, keeping it out of the way of the sticky children and he looked to be favoring his uninjured side. He had a few scratches and marks, but otherwise looked fine. Josh felt his heart skip a beat.