trente-sept.

Warning: There is choice language in this and Tyler has a minor break down about his gender so please me wary of that! i love all those in the chapter and this work does not reflect my opinion on them!

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

They had been out to dinner when she showed up. Tyler would never forget how fast Josh's eyes lit up at the sight of her.

They had been out to dinner at a small diner, Tyler fussing with Olivia to get her to eat her food. She had did that typical toddler thing where she ordered food and didn't want it afterwards.

"Peach, you gotta eat your food," he said, nodding towards the pancakes and bacon on her plate, the whipped cream smile on the pancakes melting and soaking through the top pancake. Olivia simply hummed and crossed her arms over his chest. Josh was staying silent, knowing he would easily give in if he was in Tyler's place. They were trying to not coddle her as much.

"Yucky!" Olivia huffed, pointing at the bacon. Josh immediately scooped up both pieces and placed them on his plate next to his half-eaten burger. Both had stopped eating in hopes of getting their toddler to eat. Tyler smirked at his boyfriend and shook his head.

"Well daddy took care of that, now what's your excuse?" Tyler teased, reaching next over to cut up her pancakes for her. He was sat next to her with Josh across from them. Their feet were tangled together and it made Tyler's heart warm just thinking about it. Tyler speared one of the pancakes with her fork and held it out to her to eat. Her sour face remained until it suddenly lit up. Tyler thought he had finally gotten through to her, but a cry of "Debby!" squashed that instantly.

Tyler looked where she was looking, frowning slightly at how fast Josh turned to look in the direction too. He could have sworn he heard his neck crack.

"Deb!" Josh cheered, sliding out of the booth, regrettably untangling his legs from Tyler's, to get up and embrace her. Olivia followed him, wrapping her arms around the blonde woman's legs. Tyler was left holding the pancake fork alone in the booth confused.

"What are you doing in Columbus?" Josh gushed, pulling back from the woman, Debby, and grinning widely. Tyler did not want to be jealous, but he could not help when his focus settled on Josh's lingering hands on her waist.

"I am in town for a gig and I thought I would come see you! Your mom said that you and Liv were out to dinner so I thought I surprise you. Of course you chose the diner, you never change Joshua," her voice were like nails on a chalkboard and it made Tyler anxious for her to leave. He was getting kind of fed up with not knowing people who knew his boyfriend well. He was not possessive by any means, but Josh knew everything about his past and it just seemed like he was now learning stuff about his.

"Best burgers in town, you wanna join us?" Tyler clenched the fork in his hand slightly, quickly putting it down in hopes it would catch Josh's attention with the loud clink, but he didn't even turn to look at him. This dinner was far from a date, but shouldn't Tyler have a say in who joined them? He watched as Josh slid into the booth, Debby following, and Olivia right after, curled into her side. Tyler could feel the tears stinging his eyes, but he held them back.

They looked like a happy family that Tyler could never hoped to look like with Josh. Debby could actually be a mother figure for Olivia that Tyler and Hayley could never be. Tyler picked at the fries on his plate, wondering when they would finally notice him.

Tyler had been able to text Jenna about what was going on and finish the rest of his fries before they took notice of him again. Well Olivia at least.

"Ty, can I have pancake?" The toddler asked, pointing to the still untouched plate of cold pancakes. They were probably disgusting by now, but Tyler didn't think twice before he picked up the speared pancake from before and handed to her over the table pushing the plate towards her numbly. She hadn't called him Ty in months. It had always been papa...