"I broke her. We were never the same after that. Mother is very protective over the life she brings into this world, mostly because she brings in very little. I was a selfish child, and cruel, even a bit sadistic. I shouldn't have done it."

Now Lily looks at me with shock in her eyes. "But she's evil!"

"Even evil people can love. She loved me, and she loved that garden. I ruined both of those loves for her, I betrayed her and she'd done nothing but care for me. If I hadn't broken our bond, I might've been able to teach her to care for others the way she did for me. This is why we can't let Cybil take over yet Lily, she'll be burning the gardens of the Castle basically, and the people will never forgive her for it, just as mother never forgave me."

Lily stares at me for a moment, she is looking deep inside of me, testing my honesty. She doesn't think I would lie to her, but she wants to see if my guilt really goes that far, if I truly regret harming Mother. After a few more seconds of prying she gives me a firm nod. "I understand," and then she takes my hand and continues leading me down the halls.

When we arrive at the dining hall, I see Cybil standing at the door, awaiting the two of us. "There you are," she gives Lily a big smile before wrapping her up in a hug. "What took you so long?"

"We stopped to look at the gardens," Lily explains.

"Ah, Matrix's place of peace," Cybil winks at me and I chuckle in response. "I'm so glad to see you little one," she picks Lily up and I smile widely.

"There's just something about having her in your arms isn't there?"

She looks up at me in surprise before nodding in response. "Yes, pretty soon she'll be too big for this. I want to enjoy it while I can. And while she still loves me."

"I won't stop loving you Cybil," Lily cuts in before I can even respond. I gesture to my daughter to show my agreement with her statement.

"Neither of us will. We are your family, and we love you no matter what happens. I'm so happy to see you back on your feet and doing well. Remember, the Castle is in shambles right now. When we walk in this room, all eyes will be on you. Everyone will want to ask all kinds of questions, and pit us against each other. Right now we are united. The election doesn't matter, all that matters is getting justice for our father, which brings me to the next point. What's our story?"

"Mother has all of the Priests on her side, friends in the highest of places, she won't lose her trial Matrix, but you already knew that. It's why you kept quiet."

"So you think we should continue to refuse to speak on the matter?"

"Absolutely, if either of us stand with or against her, and the trial comes out differently, we will suffer. We can't afford to let that happen, so we'll keep our mouths shut. We should tell everyone that this is an incredibly difficult time for us and we don't want to discuss anything revolving around our parents at this time besides expressing grief towards our Father." I look into her eyes as she speaks and can't help the slight smirk that adorns my lips. Out of bed for an hour total and she's already thinking of the best way to take over a kingdom. I can't help but be proud to call her my sister. "What did you tell the people was wrong with me?"

"I used Mother's lie about you. Told them that Father's death had momentarily affected your mental stability and that you would be resting until you were back to your sane self. A few asked if we were going to send you back to the hospital and I shut that down very quickly, saying that as long as I was around my sister would never be sent away again. The people were quite happy about that."

"Matrix...they'll hold you to that. Why would you say that?"

"Because it's true Cybil, I'm never letting you go back to that tower. No matter what happens, no matter who wins the crown, you will always be at my side. Even if you hate me, here is where you will be. I love you, and I will protect you. I failed you once, never again." Leaning down, I place a kiss on her forehead and grasp her shoulders. Looking into her eyes I say, "We are family, flesh of my flesh, blood of my blood. You mean the world to me. Remember, everything I show them is an optical illusion. Look into me, you can see all that is true. You know that I would never do anything to hurt you."

She gazes back at me for a few moments, and I can tell she is searching my depths. Her eyes go blank and I imagine she is seeing all that came to pass between Father and I, why I'm fighting for the throne, and the core of my intentions. When she comes back to there are tears in her eyes. "I was a fool for ever putting my trust in anyone besides you and Father," she whispers. I know she is speaking of Natham but neither of us feel the need to say his name. I simply nod and give her shoulders a squeeze.

"Lily and I are here now, and we will take care of you," is all I say before taking her hand and leading her through the double doors.

Author's Note;

I have so much love for Matrix and Cybil, no matter what goes down they've got each other's back. And now Cybil has Lilly too. 

Cybil really is hurting right now and he's just there for her.

Thank you guys for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment please! Love you guys and I'm so honored to be sharing this story with you all. These characters are dear to my heart and it's been awesome to see you guys getting attached to them as well, so sincerely, thank you.