Chapter 20 - Punishment Or Reward

Start from the beginning

"Guess not." the fact that Tristan and me were so famous without realizing, was just another reason to stay away from him. I didn't like the fame.

The rest of the school day passed slowly, and I was still digesting what I've learnt and been through in the past two days. It was like nothing bad had ever happened, me and Tristan were still the closest people to eachother but the emptiness in my heart made me feel otherwise. I'm not lying, joking, or being cheesy when I say this but, it really does feel like the space he occupied in my life and heart is slowly being erased, which hurts even more.

Like you're catching fire and gradually, it's killing you bit by bit. This is life's cruel joke at showing me that I don't know what I've got until it's gone... but the thing is, I knew what I had. I just didn't know it would go.

It's quite shocking really, that the bond that I had created with him, which took ages to build, can be snapped and broken so easily by an act so unbelievable that it lost all the respect I had for him.

I walked home on my own, I knew he would be waiting there and he was. One of his legs bobbing up and down nervously as he looked around. I looked at him from a distance so he wouldn't see me just yet, he looked like a total wreck. His hair was all over the place, there were bags under his eyes, which looked so tired like he didn't sleep at all. He kept yawning while rubbing his eyes and his movements were so slow, he looked... weak. Like me.

I walked forward, looking straight ahead and nowhere else. I walked passed him, not giving any signs of knowing who he was. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him jolt right up and run towards me, but I took no notice and carried on.

"Scar." he said in a deep, masculine voice. I ignored him and kept walking, eventhough my heart was thudding and my wolf was trying to force me to turn around. "Scar. Please. Talk to me."

I hated seeing him like this, I hated seeing him so weak. And the way he said that brought tears to my eyes, the way he was begging made me feel so guilty, like I wanted to just hug him and make him feel better. It was like it was taking everything he's got to say it, but it still came out so tired and pleading.

It made me feel like I was the cold, heartless one.

"Scarlett." he said, his voice thickening as if he was about to cry. "Please, stop."

I automatically stopped. Eventhough he said it so feebly, it still felt like a demand I would gladly say yes to. I just couldn't bear to see him, hear him this way, it was killing me to see him so hurt and in pain. I couldn't help but feel guilty and blame myself when it's me that's the victim in his little game of playing with me.

Tears leaked from my eyes and splashed down my face, I tried to control my breathing so it wouldn't seem like I was crying. I clenched my fists at my sides as he wrapped his arms from around me, and pressed me into his rock hard body. For a moment, it was like everything was perfect, I was not only wrapped inside his arms, but also his love and protection. He let out a sigh of relief and hugged me so tight, like it was the only that could cure his pain.

His pain? His pain?!

He had no guilt or shame! He's the one that did this to me! It's all his fault!

My tears fell down from my face and landed on his arm, I wiped them away from my face and sniffed before he noticed. I took his hands away from me and found the will to tear away. I kept walking until I reached my front door, aware that he was following me. I tried to find my keys inside my bag while he talked to someone who still wasn't responding.

"Scar, I'm so sorry. I didn't know what happened, I don't even know who she is, I've never seen her before in my entire life, I promise. You have no idea how sorry I am, I miss you so much, I'll do anything to get you back, please, please, believe me."