Chapter Thirty-one

Alison's POV

I finally had the courage to open the box, hands shaking. Inside, was a picture of me sleeping... In my bedroom.

I scream at the top of my lungs, dropping the photo onto the ground. I moved as far away from the picture as I can, now pressing my back against the far wall of my bedroom. My breathing became shallow, as I start to panic and hyperventilate. I place my hand over my heart, feeling it beat faster and harder than normal. My head started to feel dizzy, as I'm consumed by the fear that has taken over me. 

The vibration of my phone on my dresser caused me to snap out of my faze, finding myself on the floor, cocooned in the corner. I get up, body shaking, to see who was calling. 

It was Nikki.

"Hey Nikki, now's not a good time to talk," I say breathlessly.

"Ugh alright, I was just seeing how you're doing because yesterday was wack! Everyone had so much fun at your party," she squeals. 

"Thanks, Nikki, I gotta go now. Bye."

"Okay bye Ali. Love you lots!"

I hang up the phone and throw it on my bed, and exit my room. I walked downstairs, heading to the front door to make sure it's locked. I twist the knob, and it is. Next, I check the windows on the first floor. They're also locked. Turning around, I head back upstairs, but the back door of my house catches my eye. The door was unlocked and cracked open. 

I started to back into the kitchen, still facing the door. Reaching to grab a knife, I quickly look away from the door, to make sure I pick up the knife properly. I look back, and the door still looks the same. 

Okay, maybe you are just being paranoid.   

I sprint to the door, shutting and locking it. Then, I turned around and I bolted upstairs for my phone. 

Why did my stupid ass leave it on my bed? 

Still clutching on the knife, I walk into my room, passing the picture on the ground and grabbing my phone. A text from Bryce appears on my home screen. 

Bryce: hey beautiful, I'm coming to pick you up soon ;) 

Shit, shit, shit. I forgot about the date today. I glance at the time on the phone. 3:27 pm. Okay, I still got some time. The date should start around four. I'm okay for now. 

I still haven't changed and done my hair. But first, the picture. How? When? Who? All these questions coming up in my mind. How did someone take this? When was it taken? Yesterday, the day before? And who took it?! 

I feel invaded that someone has witnessed me in a weak state, without permission. What else is this person capable of doing? They have snuck into my bedroom at night and photographed me. I can't believe someone would do something so frightening. Should I tell my parents, or report this to the police?

Whoever this person is, they are making me feel unsafe in my own home. I can't tell anyone about this because they have previously threatened to hurt the people I love. I feel disgusting, weak even because I couldn't control what has happened to me. 

Okay, I can't tell my parents or the cops because I don't want to see what the consequences are from this sick fuck of a person. I'm just going to enjoy my date with my boyfriend, Bryce.

I check the time once again, 3:40 pm. Okay, so I got twenty minutes to get ready, and pretend none of this has occurred today for the sake and safety of everyone. I replied to Bryce,

Me: so excited!

Walking to my closet, I pull out a pair of black ripped jeans and a cute gray fitted top. Bryce did mention that this date was casual, so this will do. I threw my frizzy hair in a low ponytail and didn't even bother with makeup. Snatching a sweater just in case it gets cold, I look at the place I put the kitchen knife in my room; under the pile of clothes on the floor, before making my way downstairs. Perfect timing, I heard a knock on my door. I put my shoes on and reached for my purse that was hanging on the coat rack next to the front door. I swing the door open excited expecting Bryce, but it wasn't.

My smile falters and becomes a frown. It was Bryan.      

-------------

Hello, lovelies!

No, I am not dead. I know it's been over a year since ya'll have heard from me, but I'm back! I'm sorry that it has taken me this long, but I needed some space from writing. Anyways, I appreciate everyone that was encouraging and patient during this time period!

Question: Why do you think Bryan showed up at Alison's house?

Please make sure to like and comment to show some support and love for your fellow wattpader  :). Also, show some love to my short story The Dream.

Till next time, 

Valentina <3