Chapter Eight

We both walked down the stairs to the door. Now there was banging on the door.

Nikki reached for the handle and opened the door.

It was Bryan.

"Are you kidding me right now, you scared the living shit out of us!" I yell, while smacking his shoulder.

"Ow, what was that for?" Bryan whines.

Nikki let Bryan in and shut the door behind him.

"So why are you here?" Nikki obviously annoyed, that Bryan ruined our girls night.

He always annoys her when she was around. So yea, they pretty much hate each other. The only reason Nikki cooperates, which I really don't call it that, is because of me.

"So nickel pickle..." Bryan teases.

If looks could kill, Bryan would probably be buried fifty feet underground by now.

I grabbed Bryan by the sleeves and dragged him into the living room. I told him everything that I told Nikki. I trust him.

He pulled me in for a hug.

"If anything else happens, you tell me alright."

I just nodded.

"Uh, that's why she has me you dumbass." Nikki hissed on the other couch next to me.

"Now how about we watch a movie?" Bryan suggested.

We ended up watching 10 Things I Hate About You, a classic.

Bryan has his arm around me and I lay my head on his shoulder.

He takes such good care of me, that's why he's an older brother that I never had.

Bryan left twenty minutes before the movie ended. His mom called him, needing him at his house.

The movie ended and the credits are rolling on the tv screen.

"Al, you know he cares about you," Nikki tells me.

"Yea I know," I respond.

"No, I mean more than just a friend," Nikki says, emphasizes her words.

"He doesn't, Bryan is just being a friend, his own protective self," I argue

"Clearly it's more than that," she fights back.

Is she saying the truth? Does Bryan really like me? I mean yea, he's cute and stuff, but I've only seen him as a brother, nothing else.

"Hey do you want to head upstairs, it's almost midnight and we have school tomorrow," Nikki asks.

"Yea I'm coming."

I started heading upstairs behind Nikki.

Ding Ding. I got a notification on my phone.

I checked my phone, it's a message from Bryce.

Bryce: hey beautiful

How flattering.

Alison: hey 

Bryce: what are you doing right now?

Alison: Sleeping over at Nikki's, what about you?

Bryce: just about to go to bed, can't stop thinking about you ;)

Okay, so I don't know if he is for real, because of the wink emoji. Or maybe he is actually thinking about me?

Alison: haha well I got to go to sleep now. See you at school tomorrow. Good night :)

Bryce: good night princess ;)

There is that wink again. Is he showing interest in me, or is he just the player type. well, I don't know right now, I'm actually tired so I'm going to go to sleep.

"I'll take the couch," I yawn.

"Okay goodnight Al," Nikki replies.

"Night."

She shut off the lamp and we both drifted off to sleep.