Chapter Twenty-one

"What do I do, what do I do," I whisper to myself, walking back and forth in my room.

So the person that hit me with the car, is the psychopath stalking me!

I went to retreat the card I threw; to read it again.

What does this even mean? Who sent me this? All I know is I'm scared out of my mind. This person threatened the life of the people I love. 

I can't let that happen.

At this point, my hands are already shaking with fear as I drop the card. I walked to my bed and layed down on my side, facing away from the card.

"Zzz, zzz," my phone vibrates after awhile. It was Nikki. 

At the sight of her name, made me break down. Tears began falling down my face. If I do one thing wrong, she gets to pay the price...With her life.

At this thought, I cried harder. I have been in shock for the last 10 minutes, but now the tears are following out.

I opened up the text to see what she sent me.

Can I come to your place?

I really don't want her to see me like this right now.

Come on Alison, she's your best friend. She's seen you at your worst.

"Zzz,zzz."

I really could use a friend.

I wonder what wrong with her. I texted her back, telling her to come to my house. Even though I look like crap right now, we need each other.

She arrives 10 minutes later, with a jumbo bag of chips from Costco.

Before she arrived, I cleaned up myself and shoved the card under my bed so she can't see it.

"Hey Nikki, what's wrong," I asked her as she walked into my room.

She sat down next to me on my bed and faced me.

Her eyes started to tear up.

"He died," she cried into her hands.

My eyes widen in fear, as my heart starts pounding out of my chest, "Nikki who died?"

She just kept crying with her hands covering her face.

I start shaking her shoulders, "dammit Nikki, who died!" I was yelling now. I feel like I'm gonna throw up now.

She lowers her hands from her face, and looks at me.

She looked at me dead in the eyes and said, "my pet goldfish."

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Nikki started laughing.

"I got you good," she says, pointing at me and laughing more.

"Are you serious right now!" I yell at her, "I honestly thought someone was dead!"

Thinking back to the card, no one can blame me.

She was laughing so hard, she fell of my bed.

I'm beyond pissed right now, while she's laughing her ass off.

She started to quiet down, so I looked at her wondering why.

She was reading the card.

All laughter and silliness wiped from her face. She turned pale with wide eyes.

She finally changes her glance from the card to me.

"Alison?"