Chapter Twenty-seven

Bryan explained to me the plan. After I understood it, I had to leave him because I had a date with Bryce. He didn't like me going out tonight, especially with him. I saw the disgust and jealousy on his face as I told him I'm going out. He told me to call when I'm done, safely at home.

I got home and took a shower. I quickly dried my hair and applied my makeup. Still, with a towel on, I opened up my closet door to search for a nice, simple dress to wear. I decided on a blue floral dress. I put on some black flats and I was ready.

Ten minutes later, I hear the doorbell ring. My parents opened the door and greeted him in. I grabbed my purse and made my way down the stairs. Bryce and my parents were waiting at the bottom.

I looked over at Bryce, and he was staring back. I blushed and looked away.

"Honey stand next to Bryce so I can take scrapbook pics," mom squealed.

When did she get the camera?

"Mom stop, you're embarrassing me," I whine back.

"Nonsense, I'm taking pictures," mom said pointing at Bryce meaning to stand next to him.

I make my way next to Bryce and stand next to him. He leans into my ear, "you look beautiful," he says. Then he wraps an arm around me for the photo. After taking hundreds of photos, my mom finally lets us go. I kiss both my parents goodbye before I left. I notice my dad giving Bryce the side eye.

Bryce opens the door for me as I get in the car, then he walks around the car, and gets in himself.

"I don't think your dad likes me that much," he jokes.

I giggled, "yea you know, dads these days."

I carried on "so, where are we going?"

"My favourite Italian restaurant," he replies.

We sit in a comfortable silence. I took this as a chance to look at him. He was wearing a tight fitted black dress shirt with matching colour dress pants. He looked so good in black, it made his blue-eyed glow brighter.

"Like what you see," he says with a smirk.

Deja vu.

"You like to use that line a lot," I respond

"And you always avoid the question," he fires back.

"Yes, you look stunning today," I giggled.

He smiles playfully, "thank you."

I'm not gonna deny my attraction to him, he's just so damn good looking. Just looking at him from the corner of my eyes, observing his side profile is gorgeous.

We arrived at the restaurant and sat at our table for two. The waiter gave us the menus. We order our food and wait for it to come.

I start the first conversation, "you've caught most of the school's populations eyes these past few weeks."

"I've caught your eyes I see?" He questioned, "no pun intended."

I blushed and looked down, "yes, yes you have,"I shyly replied.

Our food was served before this conversation kept going. We were seated right next to a window, giving us the view of the Riverside and city beyond it.

"The view is breathing taking, isn't it?" Bryce says.

I nod my head, looking at him, then gazing back through the window.

He cleared his throat, "I was talking about you," he says waiting for my reaction.

He doesn't get one though, I was to busy looking at the man staring back at me on the other side of the window.