Chapter Six

Unknown text.

I walked up to my dresser where my phone was placed on. I hesitated to open the text, remembering the unknown caller that called me a few nights before.

I swiped and entered my password. I pressed on the notification for the message.

Unknown Text: Hey Alison, it's Bryce :)

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in, I got all worked out for nothing.

"Okay, it's just Bryce; stay calm," I murmur to myself.

Alison: Hey Bryce

Bryce: Are you busy rn?

Alison: no why?

Bryce: Can I call you?

I hesitated before I answered back. Why does he want to call me? That's kind of weird. 

Alison: yea sure :)

Bryce Calling...

"Hello?" I say, even though I know who's on the other line. Dumb things humans do, am I right?

"Hey beautiful, just wanted to hear your voice again," he says.

Thank God he wasn't here to see my face, because I probably look like a red tomato right now. I'm flattered by his kind words, but I don't know what to say back...

"Where were you today at school, I mean obviously not in the morning when we talked but like in class? Because I didn't see you," I spoke quickly.

You're rambling again.

"I guess someone missed me," he replied.

I can sense a smirk on his face right now, even though he's not here.

So arrogant and full of himself.

"You wish. Anyways why did you call me?"

"I already answered that I missed your voice," he repeated again.

Don't let him get to you. He's probably the type that has a different girl every week because he has a gorgeous face and his lips...

Wow, where is this coming from?

The voice inside your head that makes up this shit.

Can't blame me, he's one piece of meat.

Am I seriously having a conversation with myself?

"Uhh Alison, are you still there?"

"Yea I am. Well I got to go now, you know we have school, and stuff tomorrow."

"Yea I'll let you be, bye then, beautiful."

"Bye," I replied.

I disconnected the call.

Well, that was a weird conversation. He didn't answer why he wasn't at school today. Oh well.

I heard my mom calling me downstairs for dinner. As I'm walking downstairs, the smell of lasagna hit my nostrils. I now realize that I am starving.

"So honey how was school?" My mom asked me.

You know, those basic cliché questions moms ask.

"I'm doing great mom," I said, giving her a fake smile. 

I realized my dad isn't home, and eating with us.

"He got caught up at his work," she told me with a reassuring smile.

I nodded.

I, later on, helped with cleaning the table and dishes with my mom then went to straight to my room.

My bathroom door was closed.

Didn't I leave it open after I took a shower?

I moved towards the bathroom door to open it. I twisted the handle and pushed the door.

There was a little black box sitting on the sink counter, that I didn't leave there.