Chapter Ten

After what felt like forever, we finally arrived at the dinner party. I was so not looking forward to it. But yet Bryan is going to be there, so I guess I can hang out with him. His parents work with mine, so that's why his family is invited as well.

We made it to the door, and I could hear the music already. It wasn't like frap party music, more like soft piano and violin; calming music.

We were right at the door, and of course, mom gave me her "be a good girl speech."

"Honey don't embarrass us and don't say unnecessary things to our coworkers. You can hang out with Bryan while we're here," she annoyingly says. 

"I know mom," I say, rolling my eyes.

"Just making sure honey," she responds.

We walk in and hand our jackets to the guy at the door.

I instantly spot Bryan with his parents, talking to another family on the farther side of the banquet. I walked over there, while my parents went off talking to other colleagues. 

"Hey," I say, giving him a hug.

"Hey Al," he cheerfully says, hugging me back.

"You look beautiful," Bryan compliments.

I blushed lightly, "thanks, you don't look too bad yourself," I say back.

We ended up chatting and catching up for a while.

"Alison can you come here for a minute," My mom says, from across the room. She was surrounded by a group of people with my dad. I couldn't see the others faces, because their backs were in my view.

I excused myself from Bryan and walked over to the group.

"Wait," he says holding my wrist.

"Can you save me a dance Al?" He asks.

"Absolutely, anything for your best friend," I cheerful replied.

Bryan kinda frowned at, that but quickly wiped it away with a smile.

I turned around and started walking towards them.

Is that...

No way...

Oh my God,

Bryce?

Is here?

I walked slower to where my parents were.

"Honey, meet our new coworkers, Linda and George, and their son Bryce," My dad says while pointing any each individual when he says their name.

I made eye contact with Bryce. I can tell he was surprised to see me here as well, but all he did was smile at me.

I looked away and put out my hand to shake his parent's.

"Hi," I politely say.

"So lovely to meet you, Alison. George and I have heard wonderful things about you."

"Yes, I'm sure you have," I said back, with a fake smile and giving a glance to my mom.

After I dropped my hand, I stood there awkwardly, not trying to look at Bryce. I can feel his eyes making holes in my forehead.

Both our parents left to go somewhere else, so it was just us left.

His eyes trailed from my legs, up my stomach, and lingered too long at my chest.

I heard him whisper under his breath something, but couldn't quite hear it.

His eyes were still staring at my chest, and I'm starting to feel self-conscious.

"Hey, my eyes are up here," I say pointing to my eyes.

"Sorry, it's just that your body looks amazing in that dress," he cooly responds.

I'm pretty sure I'm a dark shade of red right now.

"Th-thank you," I stutter. 

Now I realized what he was wearing.

He was wearing all black that hugged his body really nicely.

I just wanna undo his shirt and run my hands down his abs...

I was interrupted when he clears his throat.

"You like what you see?"