Chapter Twenty-eight

It was Bryan on the other side of the window.

What is he doing here? He was just supposed to wait at his house for me later.

I'm furious that he is out here stalking me on my date! He doesn't trust Bryce, I get it, but we made a deal. Sometimes he pisses me off, he treats me like a baby all the time, and I'm sick of it.

I turn my attention back to Bryce, ignoring Bryan.

We continue making small talk at the table, and once in a while, I look through the window to see if Bryan is still there. Apparently, he got tired of standing, so he sat on a bench facing me, still staring. If it was anyone else than Bryan, I would have been afraid.

Bryce caught me staring at the window for too long.

"Uh Alison, what are you looking at?" He asked with curiosity, turning around to look at the window himself.

I quickly reacted by gripping on his hand that's on the table from stopping him to turn around.
I played it off with a smile. He inverted his eyes to our hands, then to me. He slipped his hand out of my grip, and gently entwined our fingers together. The bases of our hands are so close, warmth in between is shared. He reached over the table and softly moved a piece of my hair that fell over my face. I blushed and looked away from his eyes.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered so low that I almost missed it. He started leaning in, and so did I, but we were interrupted by our waiter asking if we were ready for the check.

Both flushed, we sit back in our chairs. Bryce insisted he would pay for the dinner, even though I offered to.

I looked through the window one last time, to find Bryan not there anymore.

Finally.

Bryce and I walked out of the restaurant hand in hand. We got to the car, and he opened the passenger seat for me. I thanked him and got into his car. The ride home was a comfortable kind of silent.

We reached my house and pulled up in my driveway. Again, he opened my passenger door and walked me to my house.

We were standing on my doorstep. I turned towards him and say, "thank you for today, I had fun.

"My pleasure," he replies with a sincere smile.

He steps closer to me and takes my face into his hands gently.

"I've been wanting to do this since the very first day I saw you," he whispers.

We're only inches apart now, I can feel his breath against my skin. I placed my arms around his neck and whispered back, "then do it."

I bite my lip in a sedative manner, catching his attention. He looked into my eyes, then to my lips. Next thing I know, I feel his lips against mine.

To be honest, it felt amazing. Our lips colliding in a sensual way, making sparks. His hands sliding down to my waist, giving it a little squeeze, my hands getting tangled in his hair.

We were in the middle of a hot make-out session when my outside lights went on. We quickly stepped away from each other, trying not to get caught in the act.

The door swung open with Bryan at my door.

It was totally obvious Bryce and I was kissing. Both our lips are red and plump, and his hair is a mess because of me.

His hair was really soft...

"Bryan, what are you doing here?

He didn't respond, instead, he turned to Bryce and said bitterly, "You can leave now."

Bryce gave me a wearily look.

"It's okay Bryce you can leave, I'll call you later," I said with a reassuring smile.

His look softens a little as he nods and heads back to his car. I watched him drive off before pushing Bryan out of my way to get inside.

"Alison-" I stopped him before he continued.

"No Bryan, I don't want to hear your bullshit! You need to stop following me. I know that there's a stalker out, but I was with Bryce the whole night! You standing outside the window at the restaurant was so unnecessary-" I had to catch my breath. "You're not letting me enjoy my night. I specifically told you I would meet you at your house later."

I can feel the heat coming out of my face after yelling my whole rant. Thank God my parents went out after I left.

Bryan doesn't look a bit offended or concerned about my explosion just a second ago.

Unbelievable...

Bryan took a step closer.

"You know what Alison, your just an ungrateful bitch that thinks everything's about you! The world doesn't just revolve around you, you know!"

I slapped him. Hard.

 I'm not gonna lie, his words offended me, but I hid it.

"Call me whatever you want, but never call me a bitch, you asshole!"

Bryan looks furious now. He won't meet my eyes.

He finally spoke up, "fine, have it your way," before storming off and slamming the front door on his way out.

After watching him leave, I ran upstairs to my room and broke into tears.

______________