Chapter Twenty

I started school today, and of course, I have a load of homework to do. I went through my first and second period classes today and now it's my lunch break.

I see Nicki sitting at the table bickering with Bryan so I went to join them.

"Hey guys," I greeted them.

"Hey Ali," they said in sync, then turned around to give each other dirty looks. I walked around the table and sat next to Nikki.

We were just talking about our plans after school, when I feel a presence behind me.

I turned around to see the one and only; Bryce.

"Can we talk?" He asks, in a gentle tone.

I nodded and got up. I excused myself from the table while watching Bryan shooting daggers with his eyes, and Nicki with heart eyes. Two completely different thoughts.

Bryce lead me out of the cafeteria and into a quiet hallway, where suprisingly no one was in. He then turned around to face me.

"So, have you made a choice yet?" He asked.

What is he talking about?

"You know, the dinner?" He continued.

I mentally faced palmed myself. How could I forget.

"Uhh, sure why not," I say with a nervous smile.

"So is that a yes?" He questions excitedly.

"Yes," I reply, smiling.

Why is he so hot.

"Great then, tonight at 7, I'll pick you up," he speaks with a genuine smile

"Sorry I can't today, I have so much school work, I have to catch up on," I replied with a frown.

"That's fine," he says "tomorrow night at 7. Is that okay with you?"

"I guess so," I smile back.

"It's a date," he smirked.

"I didn't say anything about a date, it's just dinner between two civilized people," I corrected.

He smirked again, but this time walked away.

I waited a couple of seconds before actually moving, and walked back to the table I was sitting at.

"Sooo, what did he say?" Nicki asked anxiously.

I looked at both her and Bryan. He had a straight face like he already doesn't like what I'm about to say, and he's avoiding eye contact.

"Bryce asked me on a date, and I said yes."

Nicki squealed at this news, and Bryan is clenching his jaw and fists.

"I'm so happy for you," she says excitedly, placing her hand over mine.

Bryan looked like he was going to say something, but the bell rang signaling that lunch is over. He was the first to get up from the table and leave, without giving us another glance.

What has got into him.

...

Today was a long day. I went home and took a nice, long shower before starting my homework.

The red envolope I got yesterday in the mail sits unopened on my night table, next to my bed. I got carried away yesterday and didn't have the time to check it out.

I reached out to grab it. I teared open the envolope and inside was a black card with a red rose drawn infront, with no other words or drawings.

I opened a card and in simple white ink it reads,

Alison,

I am one step closer to making you mine. I'm sorry I ran over you with my car, but I had to send a clear message, proving I can do anything. If you tell anyone about this letter, I would easily start with your best friend, Nikki; killing her and move down the list of people you love.

So be a smart girl my love, and stay out of trouble. You will hear from me again.

Your lover.

I took the card and whiped it to the other side of the room with anger and fear.

"This can't be happening to me."