Chapter Twenty-three

I woke up in the morning and got ready for school. My dad gave me a ride because I missed the bus, again.

I couldn't stop thinking about the card and what to do about it. Nikki was dumb enough to fool, but I don't know about anyone else. If someone found out about the card, my life and their life would be in trouble, resulting in possible death.

I was thinking so much about the card that I didn't notice myself walking into school, and to my locker.

Weird right?

Anyways, I shook the thought from my head and continued walking to my locker. I quickly unlocked it and got my books for first period. I then shut my locker door with Bryce standing behind it.

I flinched backwards, "you scared me," I told him.

He smirks. Oh that smirk that I became to hate and love at the same time.

"Walk with me," he says.

I looked at my phone to check the time, "sure I have four minutes before class starts."

We started walking in the opposite direction of my first class. It was silent for the first few moments, then he broke the akwardness.

"We're still on for tonight right?" He questions.

"Uh-yea," I reply.

After another few momemts, he stopped walking and turned to me, "is there something wrong Alison?"

I looked up to him, am I making it so obvious something is up?

"No why would you say that?" I tried to say calmly, too calmly.

"I don't know, it's just you're zoning out and not acting the way you usually do, you know gushing all over me."

I rolled my eyes at the last part.

"I'm fine," I repeated showing some annoyance with my respond.

"Whatever you say," he didn't look convinced.

Right on cue, the bell rang and it gave me an excuse to leave this awkward conversation.

"Well I gotta go," I said pointing again, akwardly behind me.

"Yea okay," he says, then turns around to leave without giving me another glance.

No goodbye? That was cold.

_______

I walk in class to find Nikki sitting in our usual spot, left back. I sat next to her. I wanted to ask if she told anyone about yesterday.

"Hey Ali."

"Hey Nikki," I reply.

"So um, d-did you tell anyone about what happened yesterday in my room?" I question.

She whispers back loudly, "you mean the letter?"

I noded my head.

"Yup," she say popping the extra "p" at the end.

I squinted my eyes and furrowed my eyebrows. Did I hear her correct? I whispered-yelled back, "what?"

"Yea," she replied turning to the front of the class as the teacher walked in.

I also turned to face the front, so I won't get yelled at.

"Who did you tell?" I say with anger, but kept it a whisper.

"I told Bryan," she simply answered.

Steam is coming out of my ears and nostrils right now, "why would you tell Bryan!"

I began to become ferious and worried. The card was pretty clear to not tell anyone or people will die, starting with Nikki!

"Because," she replies camly, "he was asking about you and I told him how the neighbour's kids threw that prank on you.

I kept looking ahead, away from Nikki, trying to concentrate in what the professor was teaching.

We didn't say anything after that.

The bell rang signaling the class was over. I took my books and headed out the classroom before Nikki attempted to talk to me.

I headed for my next class which I had with Bryan.

I walked in the classroom and sat in my assigned seat. Bryan sat one seat behind me. After a couple of seconds, the whole class started to fill up with the students. All except Bryan.

______
Question: Who do you like better, Bryce or Bryan? Comment your answer so myself and other readers can see your oppinion/choice!

- Valentina