Chapter Twenty-two

I'm stunned, I don't know what to say. Nikki is looking back and forth between the card and I.

She asks again, "Alison, what is this?"

Think Alison think. 

I say the fastest think I could think of, "it was the neighbour's kids throwing a prank again, " I laugh nervously while gritting my teeth.

"Really?" She questions.

"Mhm," I replied not trusting anything else I have to say.

I don't like lying to my friend, but if it keeps her safe than it is my only choice. Nikki is pretty gullible, she'll believe anything people tell her.

She gave me another glance. "Okay!" She says, higher pitched than necessary, while throwing the card at the other side of my room. After a few moments, once again, a smiled was wiped off her face, but this time replaced with anger.

"I'm going to give those kids a lesson. Let's see who can threaten my life again!" Yelling as she got up and heading for my bedroom door.

I got up from my bed and grabbed her wrist before she can open the door, "Nikki, I already told them if they pull another stunt like that, that I would tell their parents."

There goes another lie...

"Fine," she finally agrees. "If they pull another stunt like that, I will punch their little faces.

I chuckled a little, "Nikki there're only 11."

"I don't care," she responds.

I let go of her wrist and went to retreat the card. This time I placed it at the bottom of my bra drawer, so no one can find it.

I turned around to find Nikki grabbing her car keys.

"Well it's been a nice chat, goodbye mate," she said with a fake Australian accent.

"Bye mate," I replied with more sarcasm.

I walked her to the front door and watched her car leave the driveway.

...

I cheked the time, '10:47p.m.' I decided just to get some rest since I haven't gotten any for the past couple of days.

That didn't happen.

I kept on thinking about anyone else finding out about the card, or if Nikki actually believed me, or what I'm gonna be wearing on my date with Bryce tomorrow.

I look at the time again "12:24 a.m."

"So much for extra sleep," I muttred to myself.

I grabbed my phone off my night table to play a game to waste my time. I got bored, then existed out of the app when I get a text notifaction at the top of the screen from Bryce.

Sweet dreams Alison.