Chapter Seventeen

Alison's POV

I open my eyes, but quickly shut them because of the bright light shining in my eyes. After a few moments I re-opened them. I made a move to get up but, someone pushes me back down.

"It's okay, lay back down," he says.

I looked at the direction of the voice and smiled. It was Bryan.

When I looked him over, he didn't look well himself. He had huge bags under his eyes, and looked thin; like he hasn't eaten in days. But he kept smiling. I smiled back.

He pulled off my breathing mask gently, and handed me a glass of water to drink because my throat was dry. As I gulped down the last drop, I sat it down next to me on the desk.

"How long have I been asleep?" My throat hurts, as I talk.

"Three weeks," he replies.

My mouth dropped open.

Wow it only felt like a couple of days. But I remember everything. Everything.

Bryan sat next to me, and held my hand.

"I never thought you'd wake up," he says, tear slipping down his face.

I squeezed his hand in reassurance, "I'm right here, and not planing to go anywhere else," I giggled.

Bryan smiles, but it didn't quite reach his eyes.

"Have you not eaten anything all this time, you look like a skinny cow that has been milked too much," I joked.

"Just woke up a couple of minutes ago, and already being mean," he teases, with an annoyed look on his face.

I was just going to reply with a smart remark; when my mom and dad walked in the hospital room.

"Oh honey," my mom says, as she breaks down, and runs to hug me on the bed.

"Hey kiddo, how are you feeling?" My dad questioned.

"Alive," I joked.

Bryan stood up and made room for my parents to go around the hospital bed.

"I'll give you some time alone," he assured.

As he was opening the door, I called out his name.

"Wait Bryan; thanks for being here when I woke up," I kindly thank.

"Anytime," he winks.

I blushed.

It's not because I'm attracted to him that I blushed, it's just the simple things make me go red tomato. Literally.

He saw me blush and smirked before closing the door behind him.

"Honey when are you gonna date that boy," my mother whines.

"Mom! Don't say those kinds of things!" I yelled, but not loud enough for Bryan to hear outside.

Now I probably look like a red balloon.

"Your mom is right Ali boo," dad agrees.

"Honeslty dad, whose side are you on?"

Are my parents seriously doing this right now. Okay, I expect it from my mom, but not dad. He's supposed to be on my side!

"I'm on nobody's side," he says, "you've known him your whole life. He didn't even leave your room when you were in the coma. I told him to go home and get some sleep, but he refused."

"And he also has a lot of schoolwork to catch up on," mom added, "and so do you missy."

I roll my eyes.

The doctor walks in.

"I see you're awake, how are you feeling?" She asks.

"Better," I replied.

The doctor asked the usual questions and did some testings. At the end, the doctor allowed me to go home tomorrow morning.

My parents left, and Bryan was sitting next to me, flipping through channels on the hospital tv. He was flipping quickly, when I saw my favorite tv show.

"Bryan go back to that channel, Lucifer is on!" I squealed.

He flipped back with a bored expression, and turned the volume higher.

My favourite scene was on. It was when Lucifer was shirtless and the detective was almost gonna kiss him.

We watched to the end till we got tired, and fell asleep. We were both sleeping on the hospital bed. Bryan had one arm around me and his head rested in the crook of my neck, while spooning me.

I'm not gonna lie, I actually enjoy his presents.

We drifted off to sleep.