Chapter Four

Alison's POV

It's almost midnight and I can't fall asleep. I feel like someone is watching me. Do you get the feeling when you get goosebumps all over your body and have the strangest feeling? Well, that's me right now.

I get up from my bed to close my bedroom window, it was getting chilly. I'm too lazy to walk up to the window to shut it, but I would probably freeze to death if I don't. Maybe I'm over exaggerating, but it could happen.

As I got out of bed to shut the window, I notice there is a small piece of paper stuck at the corner of the blinds. I reached out carefully to take it out.

I was scared for a minute. What if it was a love note, or worse, a death note? 

I finally grabbed it, and look outside the window one more time before shutting it and locking it.

Yes, my window isn't the cliché type, with the balcony, and a beautiful garden for a view, and Romeo and Juliet... and I'm getting carried away here.

I slowly opened the folded white piece of paper. It was a receipt.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

This receipt scared the shit out of me. I feel like I was in a horror movie.

It was even from Target. It was probably my mom's, since she shops for everything from there.

I read what was purchased from the receipt. 

Ropes, tape, handcuffs, condoms... 

Weird and gross. Yea, I don't think this is my mom's... hopefully?

As I got to the bottom where the final total is, I noticed tiny handwriting.

All I remember after reading the handwriting was a blur.

----

3 hours later

"Honey, honey wake up," I heard my mom say, as she was shaking my shoulders.

I got up slowly from my bed, "mom what happened?" I coughed out. 

My throat is so dry. My mom realized that and handed me a glass of water. I didn't know where she got it from, but she's always prepared for any situation.

I remembered the time we went to the beach when I was younger. A crabbit my toe and it started to bleed and of course, I, the drama queen, started crying. My mom pulled out a mini first aid kit from her purse and started to wrap my toe with a bandage. She was my hero, and will always be.

"Honey you wanted and hit your head pretty hard on the floor," she told me.

"How long have I been out?" I ask.

 "Honey, you blacked out for almost three hours," mom responds.

Then it all came back rushing to me, the note.

I will have you, Alison.

The same five words repeating in my mind over and over again. I didn't even notice my mom leaving my room, because I was to carried away in my thoughts; until I hear her on the phone outside.

I'm scared, no I'm terrified. Do I have to tell someone, maybe Nikki? She's the only one I can trust with this. She's gonna think I'm going crazy though.

It's only four in the morning right now, I don't think I can go back to sleep now, and wake up three hours later.

Thinking a lot made me drift off to sleep, thankfully. It's more like my brain was telling me to shut up.