Chapter Eighteen

Today was finally the day, that I get to check out of the hospital. I could breathe in fresh air again, unlike that hospital smell. Bryan was waiting outside the building with my parents. They gave me time to change into my clothes.

I looked at myself in the mirror.

Damn, I look dead.

I changed out of the hospital gown, and into sweats and a sweater.

Love you mom.

I fixed up my hair, trying to make myself look decent. When I was satisfied, I opened the door to leave the bedroom.

"Alison."

I turned around and gasp. He was standing at the end of the hospital bed.

"You scared the shit out of me," I look at him. "What are you even doing here?"

He moved closer to me. I started moving back. He noticed and stopped his long strides; staring  at me for a long moment now.

"Okay, I really don't have the patients right now. So if you will excu-" I tried to side- step him but he caught my wrist and pulled me flat to his hard chest.

"I thought you were gonna die," Bryce say as he wrapped his hands around my lower back.

I froze.

What the hell.

I pushed him off me. His face was stunned, like someone taken an ice cream from a child before they cry.

"Bryce, I think you should leave."

"Bu-"

"Now."

"Just listen to me Alison."

I just looked at him and he took that as a sign to continue.

"I came to visit you when you were still uncouncious, but Bryan wouldn't let me. He told the nurse at the front desk to never let me in."

"Then, how did you get by without being caught?" I asked with an arched eyebrow.

"That same nurse just retired. And also, I kinda bribed the new nurse to let me in..."

I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, but why are you here?" I asked getting annoyed.

I look at him, and it's the first time I take in his appearance today.

Is it just me, or he's gotten muscular?

Honestly, he looks more attractive, than the first day I saw him.

Stop Alison, what are you thinking about right now! Remember what he did at the dinner party?

Yea I remember he was looking hot.

STOP.

"I'm here because I wanted to make sure you were alright," he says.

"Well I'm feeling great. Now, I really need to get going before my parents worry," I respond

"Wait Alison, can I ask you something?"

I nodded.

He smiled before asking, "will you have dinner with me?"

Wait, hold up. Did Bryce just ask me out? He actuslly smiled,  like not smirked.

"Uh, well I'm justing getting out of the hospital now, so you gotta give me some time to think about it," I ramble.

I quickly fled the room and got out of that awkward conversation.

I made it to my parent's car and got in right away. I sat next to Bryan in the back seat.

I decided not to tell him about what just happened with Bryce, he'll make a scene about it; and I'm not really feeling a fight right now.

We got home and Bryan decided to sleep over. We grabbed extra blankets and pillows from my closet, and headed downstairs to my living room.

"Okay should we watch Mocking Jay Part 2, or Divergent," Bryan asks, holding up the DVDs.

"Divergent. Come on, Theo James!"

"Yes, I forgot you are obsessed with him," he laughs.

I am obsessed, because he's hot as hell.

We were cuddled together on the couch, with my head on his shoulder and his arm around.

After the movie finished, the credits started rolling.

"Well that was a gr-"

I got cut off when his lips were on mine.