Chapter Two

"So, uh what's your name?" As soon as I said that, I mentally slapped my face.

Why am I so stupid, I already know his name!

"Uh, um ignore what I just said. Not as in... a rude way but-"

"It's alright," he said with a smirk, cutting me off midway.

I hate small talk.

 "So what other classes do you have today?" he asked.

Why is he talking to me!

His face was so distracting, he's even better looking up close.

I was in the middle of daydreaming when his hand started moving in front of my face back and forth. "Are you still with me?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I'm so sorry, I get carried away often."

What is up with me and apologizing today? Stop getting so distracted.

The bell went off, and I rushed out of that classroom so fast, that people should start calling me The Flash.

It turns out we had the same period next, art. I took a seat in the far left corner of the room, and Mr. Perfect-face walks in after me. He decided to follow me and sit next to me, again.

There was this really long awkward silence between us. Finally, Bryan, my other best friend, came and sat next to me, since there were three chairs. So now, I'm sitting between Bryce and Bryan.  

"Oh hey, I didn't know you took art this semester," I told Bryan. 

"I just switched into this class from drama. I hate drama," He responds.

"That's interesting to hear, since you are a drama queen," I tease.

He gave me a dirty glare but laughed it off at the end.

Bryce was quiet while I talked to Bryan; probably eavesdropping this whole time. I turned around to face him, to find him doodling on the desk. 

"Quite drawing on the table, or you'll get in trouble," I tell him.

"Isn't this art class? Aren't we supposed to be drawing in art class?" He smartly responding.

Trying to be a smartass, aren't we? Well, I wanted to say that, but instead said, "Yea you're right."

He looked at me with a look of victory and continued to draw on the desk.

I took a better look at him. His eyes were a dark shade of blue but at the same time bright; almost like the ocean. His jawline was perfectly built. His lips looked so soft. You can tell he works out and lifts because his biceps were huge. Most importantly, I can see his veins on his arm all the way to his shirt sleeve. He's any girls dream guy.

Stop staring at him Alison, your gonna creep him out! I finally looked away.

----

It was lunch. I always sat with Nikki and Bryan. Bryce sat on the table across from the one I was sitting on. He was sitting facing me.

"That new guy is such a hottie, he is totally checking you out," Nikki giggled.

"Do you ever learn to shut up." I snapped back.

"If he tries anything on you, I'll beat his ass," Bryan said clenching his fist. He was always protecting me like a little sister. I respected that.

Now that I think of it, Bryan completely ignored Bryce in art class; almost like he wasn't even sitting on the other side of me. I guess he doesn't want to get to know him.

The rest of the day was a blur. I was so relieved to go back home. My parents were both still at work, so I made myself a sandwich for the time being. Later, I walked up the stairs to my room and took a nice long bath.

After the bath, the humidity of the hot water started to make my head hurt. I decided I'll go downstairs and get an aspirin for my headache. After that, I ran up the stairs again when I heard my phone ringing. It was a number I didn't recognize. I picked up.

"Hello," I said.

No response. 

"Hello is anybody there?" I say again.

No reply.

 I was about to close the phone until I heard breathing on the other line, and the phone disconnected on its own.

That was weird, who was that?

I tried to dial the number again.

"Hello the number you're trying to reach has been disconnected, please try again."

I turned off my phone. Maybe it was a wrong number? I didn't give it much thought later.

----

"Honey we're home," my mom yells from the front door.

 "Coming," I shout back from my room.

"We brought you your favourite, Hawaiian pizza," mom said while holding the box of pizza.

 "Yes, finally!" I say with excitement.

After we had dinner, I went upstairs to my room again.

"Zzz, zzz." My phone vibrated. It was a call from the same number earlier. 

"Hello, who is this?" I ask.