Chapter Thirty-three

Bryce's POV 

I pull up in Allison's driveway to pick her up for our date. I booked us a reservation at this fancy sushi restaurant for her birthday dinner. I don't even like sushi but she loves it, so I'll have to compromise. I even dressed up for the occasion. Well, dressed up in nicer casual attire, not a suit. I bought this beautiful silver bracelet with Allison's initials on it and next to a daisy pendant. Daisy's are her favourite flowers. She's mentioned it once or twice, so I got the hint that those are her favourite. I hope she likes the present. I put it in a small red box. It looks classy.

Right as I pull up, I see Bryan on the porch, facing away from me, talking to Allison. I felt the rage inside me grow, as my face starts to fume with anger. why is he here? and why is Allison still entertaining him? So many thoughts are rushing through my mind, making me wonder about the worst possible scenarios. I make eye contact with Allison as she starts to approach the car. Right as she was about to pass Bryan, he grabbed her arm and gave her a small box. At this point, I can't hold my jealousy back anymore and I was about to jump out of my car and punch Bryan straight in the face. But by the time I took off my seatbelt, Allison started walking toward my car again. Bryan notices me in the driver's seat, and his face shows he's not thrilled. Good. 

"Hey is everything alright?" I ask Allison as she got into the car. I still feel the anger, but now it is more like concern. "Everything is okay," she replies. 

I go in for a kiss, making sure to linger on her lips long enough for Bryan to watch. God her lips are so soft. She pulls away after a few seconds. "Happy birthday beautiful," I whisper just inches away from her mouth. She starts to blush. I love the shade of red her face turns when she blushes. It's so cute, and kind of hot that I have the power to do that to her. 

"So where are we going?" She asks. "It will be a surprise," I say as I pull out of her driveway. Bryan is still standing there, watching my car pull out. I give him a wink right before we drive away. I just know that would make him mad. I'm counting on it.  

We make small talk as the radio is playing some tunes until we reach the restaurant. " Oh my god, is this a sushi place!" Allison says in excitement. "What, you've never been here before?" I ask. I thought she would have been at least once as she claims she loves sushi so much. "No, this place is too fancy for me," she responds. "No, you're too fancy for this place," I replied in a flirty tone. She blushes again and playfully smacks my arm. "Oh, shut up," she says. I give her a small peck on the cheek as we started heading to the front doors of the building. 

"Wow this place is actually super fancy," I say, looking around at the decor and setup inside. "I told you," Allison responds. 

The waiter shows us the way to our table. We take a seat and browse through the menu. So many options that I'm not going to like. I think I should just stick to California rolls. The waiter comes back to take our order, and Allison orders everything under the sun that swims and crawls. Damn, is she gonna finish all that? It's fine, it's her birthday and she can order whatever she wants. 

We continue to make a little small talk until our food gets to our table. I can't help but overthink why Bryan was at her house today. The last time I heard, they cut ties with one another and are not friends anymore. Why would he bring her a gift then? " So why was Bryan at your house today if you aren't friends anymore?" I asked. 

She looked surprised that I asked out of the blue. I couldn't help it, that is all I was thinking this whole time. "I told you in the car, he brought me a birthday gift." "Okay, but why," My voice became more serious this time. " I don't know. he got me a birthday gift. Let's leave it at that," she responds making intense eye contact with a stern voice. This is making me suspicious. Is there something going on between them that I don't know about? Would Allison cheat on me?  I decided to not press for any more answers tonight and just wanted her to enjoy the food. We finished up and I grabbed the cheque. 

The mood for the rest of the dinner was off. She wasn't very talkative and I felt that I upset her with my questions. I hope I didn't ruin the night for her. I should apologize. 

I pull up in her driveway and turn my car off. "Allison, I'm sorry for over-stepping boundaries. You don't owe me an explanation," I say as I hold her hand in mine. She cups the side of my face ever so gently, " Bryce, I promise you, nothing is going on between Bryan and I." I believe her. 

"Okay baby, I trust you," I say. I lean in for a kiss. Our lips touched so softly. I cup her face with my hands and deepen the kiss. I could do this all day.  Our tongues collide as she moans against my mouth. All of the sudden, the porch light turned on. Allison pulled away quickly, embarrassed that her family probably saw us making out. 

"I should go inside now," she says. "Okay baby." She gives me a quick hug and jumps out of my car. I wait for her as she opens the front door and goes into her house before I start my car again. 

Ugh, she makes me so horny, and I love it.  

I pull out of the driveway and drive back to my house. Tonight was a good night.