Chapter Sixteen

Bryan's POV

It's been two weeks, two weeks watching her lifeless body in a coma. The doctors don't know when she'll wake up; or even if she will.

I sent Ali's mom home to freshen up. I haven't slept much after the accident, just waiting for her to open her eyes.

I walked to the bathroom in the hospital room. I looked at myself in the mirror and didn't recognize the person staring back. I had huge bags under my eyes that have turned the colour black, and a stubble because I haven't shaved since it happened.

"You look like a horror movie," something Alison would say.

I smiled at that thought. Something I haven't done in a while.

Bryce tried to visit a couple of times, but I told the lady at the front desk to not let him in. Nikki was here a few times. I told her she can go home for the night since I was staying.

I hated Bryce.

I think he's a bad influence on Alison. I'm gonna protect her, never let this kind of thing happen to her again.

I missed a lot of schools and a shit load of homework. But I need to be here. I feel like this was my fault, she got hurt because I wasn't there. 

I was mad at her because of Bryce.

Bryce.

He pisses me off so much. Why is Alison always attracted to trouble? I can protect her, I have always been there in her life.

 I love her.

But that isn't good enough for her. She wants mystery, a bad boy. Someone she wants to figure out, about their past.

I'm an open book to her, she knows every single detail of my life. From the colour of my first stuffed elephant toy to the little freckle on my left arm.

We have been friends longer than she and Nikki have. I didn't like Nikki at first either, but then I saw she was no harm so I accepted her, for Ali.

But Bryce is no exception.

I have to try to make Alison love my more, than just a brother.

I knew I loved her from my 11th birthday party.

Flashback

"Bryan, Bryan what did you wish for?" Alison asked with a toothy grin.

"I can't tell you, it's a secret," I replied smiling back.

Alison was wearing a bright yellow sundress at my birthday party. She looked beautiful. So beautiful.

"Here Bryan, I got you a gift," she said, as she handed me a wrapped box.

I ripped open the wrapping paper to see a Spiderman action figure.

"Thank you, Ali, it's just what I wanted!"

And it was the truth.

She reached over and hugged me, and I hugged her back. Before she let go, she kissed my cheek.

"This is another birthday present just for you," she shyly says.

I blushed. She gave me another toothy grin.

"Th-thanks," I murmured.

"No problem," she answered back, still smiling.

End of Flashback

I sat back down on the chair next to her bed. I brushed her hair out of her forehead and kissed it, lingering a little longer.

"Please wake up," I whispered.