Chapter Nine

Next day I decided to ditch school because I woke up really tired from last night. 

I walk to Nikki's room to find her bed empty. 

I guess she's gotten up already. I start making my way down the stairs, and into the kitchen. I see Nikki making breakfast on the island. 

"Mmm, that smells good," I say.

She turned around and gave me a quick smile.

"Morning sleepy head, it's 11 in the afternoon."

"It's the morning, dumbass," I say, "is the food ready?"

She slides a plate with eggs and bacon in front of me. I looked at the plate, ready to devour it. I quickly took a seat at the kitchen island and dug right in.

I finished the plate before Nikki joined me.

Yes, I was that hungry.

After Nikki finished her plate, we decided to head to the mall, since we are not going to school anyways. A little shopping won't hurt anyone. Well, except for my credit card. 

We changed our clothes, did our hair and makeup, then left.

"So where do you wanna go to first?" Nikki asked me.

"Well, I have a business dinner or whatever they are called, to go to with my parents," I ramble on, "they are so boring. Ugh. This isn't just a dinner. It wears all rich people go to show off with there clothes, jewelry, and their properties."

Nikki nods her head in understanding.  

"So it's kinda like a formal party as well. I'm literally going because of the food," I explain.

"Okay then, let's stop at Le Chateau," She decided.

There were so many beautiful dresses here, that I couldn't decide which to get.

"Hey Al, look at this one," Nikki called from the back of the store. She was pointing at a black dress that the mannequin was wearing.

"That's beautiful," I say, admiring the dress.

"You should try it on," she nudged.

"No I shouldn't, I wouldn't half as good, as it does on the mannequin," I say.

"Girl you can pull off a trash bag, for crying out loud," she encouraged.

"Fine," I decided.

I walked into the fitting room, with the black dress. I pulled back the curtain for the room to find that there wasn't a mirror inside. 

Great, now I don't know how I would look before walking out of the room.

I undressed and slipped into the thin piece of clothing. I zipped the zipper on the left side of the dress and smoothed out the bottom; before I left the room. It was a little shorter than I expected, but oh well  I guess. 

"Come out already, I want to see you," Nikki called from outside.

I finally pushed the curtains and walked out.

"Damn Al, you look hot," Nikki whistled.

I walk up to the huge mirror on the in the store to see for myself.

It was a tight short black dress, with one sleeve.

I actually feel pretty in this dress. It makes me look curvier than just wearing regular skinny jeans every day. Since it's black, it hides away some of my belly fat, but I'll still have to wear a corset underneath. God, I hate corsets. Why can't I just have been blessed with a nice toned stomach, without having to workout?

Life isn't fair sometimes. 

"Does it actually look nice or are you just saying that?" I ask Nikki.

"Al you look smoking hot in that dress. See it's not a slutty dress, but more of a sexy one. Al If I were a boy, I would probably bang you," She complimented, in a way.

"I'm flattered," I said with dry sarcasm dripping from my voice.

I ended up buying the dress at the end of the day.

3 days later 

It was the night of the dinner party. Nikki came over and did my hair and makeup because I was too lazy to do it myself; plus she offered.

"And done." She twisted my chair so I can face the mirror. Nikki actually did a pretty good job. She contoured my face, and put on a nice nude colour eyeshadow, with winged eyeliner. She also put my hair in loose curls, going down my back.

"Nik, did I ever tell you that you should be a makeup artist?" I say with a smile.

"Thanks, I try," she proudly responded 

"Honey we're gonna be late." My mom yells from downstairs.

"Coming," I shout back. 

I quickly grab my purse and heels from my closet and head downstairs with Nikki.

"Sweetie you look nice," Mom says.

"So do you mom," I smiled back.

"Ahem."

"Yes dad, you look nice too."

"Of course I do," He grins while fixing his tie.

Nikki says bye to my family and I then heads out. 

We follow her shortly after, as we lock up the house, and get into the car to drive to the dinner party.

And, we are on our way.