Chapter 1 - The Beginning

You never know when life'll take a turn
All you'll be left with are bruises of that burn...

The lingering edge of silence is often broader than the surface of words. We can feel the silence speaking out all those reflected in both of our eyes.

The air is holding a heavy grudge which is beyond control.Lights are dimming off as if now comes the time. I know, no better way could there be for me than this when I'm breathing my last lying on Jim's lap. But I wish I had a little more time to spend with him. I wish second chances were that easy to get in life. It's so queer that when we thought our love was invincible, time started turning obsolete. Yet, I wonder if I should still have faith for things to get well or accept the truth in front of me.

"Eila. We still have hope. Don't worry. Things will be alright", he exclaims with utmost emotions in his eyes. I wish his words turn true. Yet there's fear in his eyes. Fear of losing me and this hurts me the most. I am not worried about my life, I'm worried about his, after I leave.

I can see question in his eyes which his words failed to express ," How all these started from the beginning and now comes here till the end? Why is God snatching you from me?" I can see a warrior in him who wanted to do justice to all the injustices life is doing with us.

All flashy images are again visible in front of my eyes for the last time from the beginning till this end.

Those teenage days of college. That morning was something different. College was something I just hated to go. In those cold winter mornings who desired to go to college waking up so early?

. . .

Emi comes running upstairs with the horoscope though I never believed in them. My sign is Sagittarius and its written that ,"Today your life will have a new encounter. You might find the love of your life." I burst into laughter and Emi gives a shitty look at me "like really!"

" You know that I don't believe in such horoscopes. And love! Really? Not so easy dude. Falling in love is impossible for me", I actually have no idea how does Emi believe in such predictions. Life's always Unpredictable I guess!

"You can't just say that. You don't know what's in your fate. Maybe the horoscope said the truth", Emi is always like this. No matter what's written, it's possible or not she'll believe in such lame things. But no matter what I love her anyway. Though she's my cousin but we are no less than sisters by blood.

"I don't believe in such shits. By the way, aren't we getting late for college?"I refuse to believe since I actually don't wanna trust in any such predictions. Also, I don't wanna be forced to trust all these for which I divert the topic.

"Yeah, let's go. By the way, we didn't go to college yesterday. But you know I talked to Sarah over phone and she told me that a new boy came to class and seeing him on the very first day , so many girls are after him", Emi gives a wide grin.

"Why? What's so special about him? And what's his name?" I ask while making my hair as I wonder what's so special that many girls got a crush on him.

"Umm.. I can't remember. Oh yeah, his name is Jim. He is just so handsome I heard", and here it goes. Emi is lost in her thoughts.

Waving my hand in front of her face I say,"Excuse me miss.Emi . Are you forgetting that you have Tacker, your boyfriend", and I giggle as I remind her that she's currently in a relationship. Emi and Tacker's love story is nothing special I should say. There was of no big twists or turns or any villain involved, yet that was a sweet simple one. They had a crush on each other and as said when the right one comes in our life we eventually fall for them.

"I know that", she says with a chirpy smile. I know she's just acting to have a crush on the new guy without even seeing him. Besides she loves Tacker a lot I should say. "Okay, get ready for college now, else we'll be late", saying so she goes downstairs while I start to get ready. Today I am having a different glow on my face. I made a ponytail and put on a maroon knee length frock on top of which I opted for my short denim jacket along with a jeans pant and boots since it's winter going on. I didn't apply any make up rather my moisturizer with a regular face powder to remove the oily tone. On my lips I applied simple peach glow lip balm and put on my round specs. Finally packing my bag I go downstairs to have food since I am too much hungry.

At the dining hall which is just after the staircase I see Katherine auntie is already waiting for me to have breakfast. "What took you so long? Food's getting cold. Come fast now. Have your breakfast", auntie says serving the food as I sat. Emi's already half a way to finish her food. Serving me the boiled egg auntie says, "Eila, have this boiled egg first. Your blood pressure got low yesterday. Take care of yourself baby. You know that I don't like it when you fall sick", she says with a motherly concern. She has always been like this. Though she's Emi's Mom but she never differentiated between me and Emi. Also I call her auntie though she prefers me calling her Katherine but I am habituated to call her auntie since I was little and Mom taught me so.

"But auntie you know that I don't like boiled egg", I say with pitiful eyes wishing she might take the egg back but I also know that she wouldn't.

"No. You need to have this. Now stop pleading and eat the egg first", she orders and I have no other option but to eat the egg. Beside me I can hear Emi continuously giggling for which I push her by her shoulder to shut her up. After finishing our breakfast we head for college.

The weather's something different. Or I could say my favorite weather. Cloudy sky as if it's ready to pour out all its tears. But the air has a strange grudge holding all over. As we reach college , on our way through the hallway Sarah and Rochelle greets us good morning and as expected they started , "Eila you didn't come to college yesterday, a new boy came, he's way too handsome etc etc." I knew they both will do this. Currently my green eyed, curly haired girl, Rochelle is not dating anyone, so it's obvious for her to have a crush. But I think Sarah likes Keith. In fact Keith likes her too. They both never expressed actually but seeing then anyone can figure out. Amidst this I'm just wondering who is this Jim. Also a little bit curious to see him once. Gossiping with them I enter the classroom and keep my bag at its usual place, beside Sam. Sam, the utterly naughty, light brown haired guy is my best friend. Though it took quite a lot of time for us to bond well but now I can say that he's my male best friend. I mostly like him because of his sarcasm. After keeping my bag I look around the classroom to see if there is any unfamiliar face as that would probably be Jim but I find none. So I think maybe he's not coming today. We are the senior year students in college. Graduation is near. I wonder that guy transferred at this point of time in this college? Anyway our major is Accounting and first lecture is of Mr. Brian Paul who takes our Business Law class. But he's late today.

As I am bored so I go out for a walk with Emi in the corridor when suddenly Sarah and Rochelle come and asks me if I wish to see Jim. So I guess he finally came and since I want to see him once I reply in the positive. Eventually they ask me to follow them and I do so. They take me near the boys washroom though we are not really close to that. Pointing towards the boy standing in the middle of Keith and Sam in front of the washroom they claim him to be Jim. But shit he's facing his back and I fail to see his face though this doesn't matter since I'll get to see him in the class.