Dark Side- Chapter Twelve

Start from the beginning

Dianne held up her hands in a surrender motion, "Even you know that that isn't true. You don't feel that way."

I swallowed, it was true. I could never hate him, I was supposed to love Ian. If I didn't know him how could I hate him? I an could fill the void I felt with Wren. He could be a guy that loves me for me and not my features. Or he could be a jackass. I stopped mentally scolding myself, Wren was just a good a guy as Ian. He was probably even better.

"What about Wren?" I asked out loud to myself more than the others.

"You mean the guy who bailed on you when you met Ian?" Cassie asked

"When you put it like that it sounds obvious but," I paused thinking my sentence over, "I've really grown to love him. He's been there with me through everything. Maybe I don't love him like I would Ian but he's a hell of a lot nicer to me."

Dianne groaned, "Nothing's simple with you is it?"

"You should've learned that years ago." I laughed

"Idea!" Cassie shouted as she stood, "Why don't you try to give Wren a chance to get with you again. If Ian really cares about you he'll try and stop it."

Dianne and I stared at her like she'd groan a second head. It wasn't that it was a bad idea, it was brilliant. The shocking part was that we didn't think of it. Cassie slowly sat back down and tried to act like she hadn't spoken and I smiled.

"That's brilliant." I exclaimed

"Then why were you staring at me like that?" Cassie asked

"Because we didn't think of it." Dianne shrugged.

Cassie paused then looked over at me, "Say brilliant again."

I shoot Dianne a confused glance, "Brilliant."

"Your accent, you can here it when you say that word." Cassie explained.

Dianne laughed, "It amused me when I first found out about her too."

"You guys suck." I laughed

"If you can't charm either of those guys use the accent, it's cute." Dianne chuckled

******

Dianne left shortly after our meeting and Cassie rejoined Brian. I made them both promise not to tell anyone about how I felt or our plans. I went to my room after I heard the front door close and picked a random book from my closet. After I'd picked one I made my way to the deck. We used to hang a hammock between the trees in our backyard but I started making my brothers hang in in-between two posts on the deck. I got outside and curled up with my book on the blue hammock. The blue looked pretty with the rest of the auburn wood and black furniture.

The sun was setting as I stopped reading my book. I turned it over to examine the cover; I was readin Twilight. I groaned , it was a good book but reminded me too much at the moment. So right now It was just unbearable. I turned to watch the sunset , it was beautiful as always. The purples from the cloudy day, the pinks, oranges and yellows all making it look like a paint by numbers. I closed my eyes taking a deep cleansing breaths. I calmed down instantly, I guess the stress of this week had really got to me. When I opened my eyes again I saw the full moon. It was like a giant nightlight in the sky, making my feel powerful as I absorbed it's rays.

A wolf's howl broke the silence pf the night. My body froze, it was only one wolf. They were long morn full howls too, sending chills down my spine as I realised it was like the wolf was calling to someone. I almost fell out of the hammock, Ian. It couldn't be him. I didn't know for sure if it was bit I wanted to go to the wolf, to hug it and tell it everything would be okay. I got out of the hammock and wen to the ledge. I listened to the howls, each one getting longer and sadder. I listened until I felt the urge to cry for it. Until I felt like if I didn't go my very being would be destroyed.

I was about to follow my instinct when a wolf called back. I relaxed completely, sitting on the deck and still listening. The other wolf sounded angry, commanding, it was probably the Alpha. The door opened just as the howls stopped and Darrin walked out. He looked at me sitting on the ground, the book that had fallen then back at me again. A knowing look spread across his face and we needed no words to understand that he understood why I was sitting on the deck. He walked over and sat beside me, putting an arm around my shoulders.

"Brian and Cassie were being all cuddly so I decided tp play video games. Then I heard the howls and came to find you." He explained

I laughed and rolled my eyes at him, "Thank you."

"I don't see why you let him get you like this. Christ you two haven't even had a decent conversation yet." He sighed.

"It's hard not to let him get to me. He supposed to love me." I swallowed

"I know Chry, I've seen you battle demons ten times worse than him and it's hard to wrap my head around this. Do you want me to punch him?" Darrin smiled as he tried to explain himself.

"No it's okay. I'm sure he's already good and fine without it." I chuckled.