Chapter 116

Mulai dari awal

"I think you should see this, there's a lot of snow," he said, observing the white garden. The clouds in the sky promised to bring more snow at any moment.

You sat up and stood, but it wasn't until you were in front of the window when you could see the thick layer of snow that covered the town.

Your eyes widened as you gasped in excitement. "It's so beautiful!"

Law intently observed the way your eyes lighted up, saving it in the happy corner you kept in his heart, before glancing at the garden again. "We should go to the forest to take a walk. There must be a lot of snow there."

Your eyes moved to his face. "Are you okay to go now?"

He nodded as his right hand lifted to affectionately comb your bed hair with his fingers. It looked crazy, but he loved it. "I want to."

You smiled. "Let's go now, then."

You couldn't stop looking at your boyfriend as you walked in the woods, happy giggles escaping your lips. "You look so cute with that hat and that scarf."

He showed a small, amused smile. "You look cute, too."

You had your own scarf, but nothing to cover your head, and it was really cold today so, since he had the hat your grandmother gifted him, he let you borrow his spotted hat. It was a little big for you, but that was good because it covered your ears too.

You raised a hand to touch it. "It's so soft and cushiony. No wonder you like it."

"You can wear it more times if you want to," he casually offered, and promptly lifted your linked hands when you slipped in the snow. "Careful," he mumbled, pausing his steps to help you steady yourself.

"Thank you," you sheepishly said. "There's so much snow here. I love it!" you added, looking around you with sparkling eyes. You squatted down and removed a glove to press your open palm on the crunchy snow, leaving a deep print before looking up at Law with a smile. "I love how the snow feels."

Law had an idea, then, and squatted down next to you before doing the same you just did, but without pressing his hand all the way to the ground. "Give me your hand," he requested, already taking your wrist. "Open it like before."

You did as he said, and he placed your palm in the center of the bigger print his own hand had left, pressing the snow even more so the smaller print of your hand was left inside of his.

"How cute!" you exclaimed with a happy grin. "Let's do it with the other hand!"

You repeated the process, and Law grabbed his mobile to take a picture while you observed your work of art.

Feeling a second flash next to you, you turned to him and realized his mobile was pointing at you this time. "Hey! I wasn't ready!" you protested.

"Those are the best pictures," he calmly stated, his eyes fixed on the picture with a loving look that made your heart beat faster.

You leaned to him and pecked his cheek, surprising but pleasing him. The tip of your nose felt cold.

"Have you ever made a snowman? I wanted to make one with you," you asked as you stood.

"I've made a couple. Small, though," he replied with a lopsided smile, catching your hand again, your gloves back in place. "There's a clear right there."