The Real Truth About Stuff

{Phil's POV}

That feeling I just had, it was hard to explain. Everything in my mind and in my surroundings blurred and all I felt was passion. I was sure I was in love. Even though I had to beg for it, Dan's kiss made me melt and I kissed him back almost immediately and then just savored that moment with him. But then he pulled away...

My eyes flickered open and my blurred surroundings became clear focusing on Dan's surprised face. He looked into my eyes and I looked into his and he smiled. Oh the way he smiled. His one dimple was showing and that one dimple told me he felt the same thing I did, that moment when we kissed.

"Get up, wash up, we are going to get coffee!"

Crap

I wasn't worried about what he thought I was worried about. Not at all. I was worried about him calling me stupid for lying to him. But now no matter what I had to tell him. I can't just say that he is on break or anything, that would only get me in more trouble. I had to build my self a ladder and clime out of this hole of lies that I dug myself.

"Dan, are you sure? It's like 4 hours until midnight you will never fall asleep." I said, hoping he would just drop the issue and move on. Maybe I didn't have to fess up.

"Phil, are you kidding me? I have stayed up til' four in the morning texting you. I think I'll be fine."

"Positive?" I say one last time, just to make sure. But I hardly got to finish when I hear Dan giggle and pull me out of bed to shove his favorite jumper of mine to my chest.

"Wear that. I love it when you wear that." He then flashes me a smile and shoves me into the bathroom, closing the door for me as he walked out.

I took off my shirt, splashed water on my face and looked in the mirror. I looked at my reflection only picking out flaws. How in the world could he want to look at my face? How could anyone want to look at my face? Ugh, why am I soon good a tearing myself down?

I hear Dan call from outside the bathroom "Phil! I can practically hear your thoughts, you're beautiful, now hurry up I need caffeine!"

"Don't worry, you'll live" I reply jokingly.

"Maybe I won't..." He takes a long pause and starts to pretend to choke, and I can't stop myself from chuckling. It was so cute how he would try his best to make me laugh when I was feeling down. Now suddenly I didn't see the flaws when I looked in the mirror, I saw my happy self.

"Dan?"

"Yeah?" He immediately stopped his act to respond. I put on my shirt and walk towards the door opening it to see Dan standing facing the door with his big eyes ready to look into mine.

"I love you"

With those words a smile appeared on his face. His cute dimple showed up on his face telling me the smile was genuine. He didn't even have to say it, I could see in his face that he loves me too. Breaking the gaze I grab his had and lead him to the door. My palms were sweaty as I opened the door to go outside. I still don't know why, I have nothing to hide, nothing to worry about. I should be excited to get this lie off of my chest.

~ Fast foreword ~

{Dan's POV}

My heart was pounding, as we neared the Starbucks. This was it, this was the time. He was either going to immediately ditch me for Alex or prove that he actually loves me like he says. I want to think that he actually loves me but I will never know for sure until I meet this Alex guy.

"Wait." Phil says as he pulls me to the side of the building. His expression was getting tense and I was getting more and more worried. Was he going to finally tell me that he still has a crush on Alex? No, no he can't still have a crush on him. He just told me that he loves me before we left. It can't all suddenly change like that. Once we reached a safe spot at the side of the building he turned towards me and moved his hand from the comfortable position holding my hand only to grab my shoulder as if to assure that I wouldn't run away. I looked into his multi-colored eyes, they looked terrified. I was worried now and even though I wasn't cold I began to shiver, like I always do when I get worried.

"Dan I have something I need to tell you..." He looked down then back up at me as if he had found a motivational speaker on the pavement that gave him a new burst of confidence. "It's ok if you hate me afterwords, I just really need to tell you this..."

"Go on then." I know anyone else would have been too worried to function but right now I just wanted to get it over with. I knew my happy little Phil was only over reacting. I gained more and more confidence per second that it was nothing about him breaking up with me. I felt great.

"Well, you know Alex?"

"Yeah?" Ok, now where is this going.

"He is um... Well..."

"Come on Phil! Spit it out!"

"HE ISNT REAL! I made him all up so I didn't have to tell you that I had a crush on you. Don't get mad at me." He spit those words out so fast I could barely understand him. And he braced for impact. I wasn't going to hurt him. My silly Phil, my silly silly Phil.

{Phil's POV}

"HE ISNT REAL! I made him up so I didn't have to tell you that I had a crush on you. Don't get mad at me." Oh god. Is he gonna be mad at me like I'm mad at myself. I made him cry in my bedroom just because I couldn't be man enough to tell him that I love him. What kind of boyfriend is that?

I finally worked up the courage, let go of my thoughts and looked up at Dan. I was expecting an angry annoyed Dan to be looking down on me but I was met with the complete opposite. He was laughing. He was laughing. I couldn't believe it. I was instantly relieved and I let out a sigh has he put his hand on my shoulder. As soon as I uncrossed my arms he pulled me tight into a hug. He took a deep breath and I could feel his lungs expand. He relished the breath as he relaxed into me, giving me all of his emotions.

"My silly little philly. How I love my silly little Philly. No worries." He started to rub my back, and I felt like the whole world was lifted off of my shoulders by the guy who could barely lift the suitcase that he brought with him to my house. I never thought it could be done.

"Now man up and get some iced coffee with me!" He exclaimed using his jokingly manly voice and patted me on my back hard and rough. I laughed and I could feel my cheeks turning bright red. At this lovely moment I knew that he was the one and no one EVER could take him away from me.

Oh hi there! It's me again! I haven't updated in a while. I'm sorry. I was just in a bad emotional state. No biggy. It isn't like thousands of people were waiting for me to continue anyway. (I'm not that popular) :) anyway. I hope you liked it. The actual original storyline that I thought of is developing in my brain so prepare yourself... Can someone please comment any feed back and/or vote and/or add to your library. It really means a lot. Thanks! Bye!

Hope y'all have a wonderful day.