Taking care of everything

{Dan's POV}

I saw Ryan's phone buzz but I didn't see what the buzzing was about because he put it away too quickly. It seemed a little bit suspicious and then when me asked to go to the bathroom, it seemed even more suspicious. I'll have to investigate what is really going on because I am pretty sure I saw a heart at the end of that text message.

I decided to let my investigation start now. I gave Phil a look that said that I am going to check on Ryan. It was like he knew why I was leaving because he gave me a look that meant that I better go before this turns into a scene.

I shuffled to the bathroom door and waited outside. As soon as he opened the door I turned to him and held out my hand to shake his. He was hesitant and confused but he eventually grabbed my hand a shook it.

"Hey mate. Do you mind if we have a little private chat." He nodded still acting nervous.

"Yeah sure." He said quietly. I lead him to mine and Phil's room and sat on the bed before patting a spot next to me for him to sit on. He sat down and looked at me as I looked at him.

"So now is your time to tell the truth. Who is this person that is sending you hearts on your text messages?" His face immediately went bright red as he looked at me in shock that I knew.

"You saw that?" He almost whispered as he began to sweat.

"Yes I did. I want to tell you that I like you as a person, I think you are really nice. But, you are so damn lucky I didn't take you down right then and there. Abby is like my little sister daughter and second best friend all at once and if you break her heart I will rub a cactus on your face and leave you to pull the spikes out one by one. She is so happy right now and you better not take that away from her." I couldn't help but hey worked up. My face went red and my voice went harsh. I could have gone on forever if he didn't stop me.

"I'm breaking up with her." He rushed to say. My face dropped. This can't be true.

"No no I'm breaking up with this other girl. She annoys me. I love Abby with all of my heart and I never planned on her finding out. I just haven't been able to work up the nerve to tell the girl that's texting that I don't like her anymore." This is a big problem with a simple solution.

"Give me your phone." I commanded as I extended my hand. He was hesitant, but eventually he handed it over and looked up at me with a nervous expression.

"W-what are you doing?" Ryan shuddered as he watched me. I was looking through the texts that were sent to that girl that's in the way. I gave Ryan a disappointed look and a sigh when he found all of the texts that support the girl's behavior. She only seemed to talk to him about how she misses him and wants him so much that it's unbearable.

"I'm doing what you should have done a while ago." I said as I tapped her contact. I pressed a setting to block it and when it asked me if I'm sure I looked at him.

"I won't have to actually break up with her? I can just ignore her?" This boy is so innocent. He has never dealt with things the rough and honest way.

"Yes. Yes you can."

"O-okay. You can do that then."

I pressed the block button and deleted her contact from his phone. All of a sudden there is no trace of her. No way she can talk to him and no way he can talk to her. It is perfect. He is now perfect.

"Well my job here is done." I said as I patted his back and walked almost all of the way out before I turned around again. I had to say one last thing.

"I hope you know that I still think you are a wonderful person and I still thank you for making my Abby happy, it's just mine and Phil's instinct to protect her. I'm sorry for being harsh. I still whole-heartedly welcome you to the family."