Chapter 52: Towards Gremit!

After the everything that happened we set out, the bodies of the fallen soldiers were all buried by the beastkins, they buried them outside the village, they looted the soldiers including the Golden Armor that those two brothers are using.

I gave them the gold coins that I got in the dungeon, they can use that for trading, if they can though.

I had Rin, Hikari and Hikaru practice their magic circulation, I experimented on controlling their mana, after 2 hours of practicing they grasped their White Tiger mana, and they closed the magic flow of the White Tiger mana, they turned back to their original form, they grasped on how to transform, wow so quick!

The man who apologized came with us, his name's Eric Freeford, a commoner, he was a guard of the previous Duke of Gremit, Duke Barin, since he was promoted by Duke Barin into his personal guard, when Duke Barin became blind and lost his wife, Eric was fired from his guard duty now Fritz threatened him and sent him here to capture beastkins for money.

That made Alice furious, as a member of the Royal Family she must've felt responsible.

He has his own horse so we don't need to worry, Megumi was exhausted by healing all the wounded, I left her with the healing to make her adept on healing more.

Around the morning we set up our carriages, Nozan was begging his granddaughters to stay but they don't want to, he ends up giving up, I'm sorry Nozan for dragging your granddaughters in this.

Since we have Eric here, I don't need to activate [Navigation], I just have to be wary of my surroundings because there might be bandits here.

"Gremit is 2 days away from here by horse." Eric said

"Got it." Since I'm inside the carriage, Rin is driving now the carriage, she was insisting on driving.

I suddenly felt sleep, because of the outside breeze, the trees on the side road are dancing, ah the bliss, I closed my eyes and fell asleep, but...

"I-I'll do it!"
"No I'll do it!"
"Levy will do it!"
"Hikari will!"
"Hikaru too!~"

What are they whispering about?! I pretended to be asleep for a while, I listened to their arguments

"No fair!"
"Hey! Don't take advantage!"

Now Alice and Leena who's on the coach's seat are arguing too.

"""Rock, Paper, Scissor shoot!"""

"Yay I won!" I heard Rem's energetic voice

Now that I realized it, I'm lying on the carriage seat now? Did I fell while I was asleep?

"Please excuse me, Azazel-san" W-Wait?! What?!

Suddenly, Rem grabs my head and lifts it, then I felt a soft sensation? What's this?! I-Is this a lap pillow?!

I'm getting flustered right now, my face is burning, It's my first time feeling this!

"Grrr"
"Levy wants to do it."
"Hikari too~"
"Hikaru also~"
"I'm next!"
"H-Hey!"

Their arguing again, but I feel sleepy again, uhhh I fell asleep again.

"Azazel-san? Azazel-san" Rem was calling me, hmm what happened

"Azazel-san It's almost night time please wake up." She said

I got up and stretch my body, *yawns*

I remember sleeping on Rem's thigh, AH THAT'S RIGHT

"Did I sleep on your lap?" I asked her so that she would knew that I didn't realize it earlier

"U-Um, Y-Yes you did." She said while fidgeting, and she blushed.

"I see, thanks for that." I smiled and patted her head, this was just an impulse, I suddenly felt like patting her.

"Y-Your welcome!" She said and she covered her face, well she's from Japan, I can see that in tha anime's and manga's I read.

But I'm getting embarrassed inside.

Then I look at the rest, Levy, Hikari and Hikaru are playing, Megumi is studying the healing scroll since I gave her that to let her study it.

Leena and Alice are looking at me and Rem and having an envious look.

Rin is still driving the carriage, and Eric is right in front of us.

Haaaa, that was a good sleep.

I look outside, the sun is already going down and the three moons are peeking.

After the sun has got down we set up camp, we set up camp under a tree.

Rin set up a campfire, Levy, Hikari and Hikaru gathered firewood from the trees.

Me and Alice are setting up dinner.

Herb soup and Fried Rabbit leg.

I started to cook.

We ate and sat down in front of the campfire.

"Papa, tell me a story!" Levy sat on my lap and asked me to tell her a story.

"What story do you want?" I said and stroked her head.

"Anything!" She said while smiling

"Anything?" I asked her again

"Un!"

"Here." Alice hands me a book,

"A tale of a Hero." that's the title

I opened the book, It's only a short story

"Once upon a time, there was a Demon Lord who terrorized the world, he would cause havoc everywhere..." I saw everyone listening

"Then the human kingdom summoned a great hero, his name is Xephyr..." Xephyr huh?

"The Hero and the Demon Lord clashed in battle, their swords both dances, they both used magic, they're both equally match, but..."

The listeners are getting curious, even Eric

"The Demon Lord was getting pushed back, and the Demon Lord asked the Hero, 'Why are you this strong? We are equally matched!' and the Hero answered 'Because I have someone that I need to protect!' then they continued to battle until the Demon Lord fell..."

Levy is starting to get drowsy though.

"The Hero won, the Humans celebrated, the Demon Lord is sealed and the people lived happily ever after. The End." That was short, too short.

Levy was already sleeping on my bosom, she's cutely snoring, what a lovely daughter, hard to imagine that this girl is the Leviathan.

Everyone fell asleep, I was the only one who was awake, even Eric fell asleep. This middle aged man!

While I was looking to the moon I was stroking Levy's hair, yeah, she's my daughter even if she's the Leviathan she will be forever my daughter, I grew fond of her actually.

The night passed and morning came, I didn't sleep, I didn't feel sleepy while holding on Levy, is this a father instinct.

Levy woke up.

"Good morning Papa~" She said in a angelic smile.

"Good morning." I stroked her and she stood up, I stood up and make breakfast.

Then we set out again, another day has passed and we reached the outskirts of the city.

We reached Gremit city.