Chapter 37: Duke Maxford?!

Further in the prison room, I searched and searched, I couldn't find what I'm looking for, while walking I stumbled upon a trap door, to my surprise it was unlocked, I opened and a ladder down greeted me.

I climbed down, It was dark here, If only I had a way to see in the dark.

>Night Vision (Lv. 1) unlocked.

Eh? What? I unlocked another skill? Well that useful, but I'm a cheat in this world!

I activated [Night Vision], the surrounding that were black were now a little bright, but the further room is still dim, maybe because [Night Vision] is still level 1? I quickly upgraded it to level 10

>Title(s) Acquired: Cat eye.

I ignored the log and continued, the place that was dark is now bright, thanks cheat me!

I searched the room underground this fort, this maybe used for torture purposes, there are old torture devices here. 

After searching, I saw a man hanging on the wall, his arms are shackled and blood is coming out from his whole body, I thought he was dead, but he's breathing but he's breathing rough.

He has brown hair, a mustache, his body is all muscles, and currently all beaten up.

I appraised who he is,

Name: Joseph Simon Maxford

Race: Human

Class: Noble

Lv. 10

Maxford... where did I heard that name? Maxford... Maxford... Maxf- HAH! He's the one the majesty is talking about, the current lord of Rebet port town.

He's out of shape now, too many wounds all over his body, broken bones, beaten face, lost too many blood, but he's still alive, what a tough guy.

"Heavenly healing" a gold magic circle came out of my right hand, gold light enveloped Duke Maxford's whole body. Eventually his wounds and broken bones are healed, his breathing now is stable and he looked at me, his clothes are all tattered and his hair is a mess.

"Who... are you?"

Hmm? Should I think of a name right now? A surname perhaps? Hmm?

"Its Chevalier Azazel, Azazel Lancelot." I said, I have a bad naming sense! AHHH

He kneels in front of me and bows his head.

"S-sir Lancelot! Y-you have my gratitude of saving me! I am Duke Joseph Simon Maxford! The current duke of Rebet port town!" He said while still bowing, he's not an arrogant noble, or anything he's a good guy.

"Please raise your head, I was sent by the King of Hegerin to Rebet port town to deliver a letter to you, Duke Maxford. Let's discuss it outside shall we?" I said and helped him get up, he nodded and we walked out of the prison room, the women who were imprisoned were all outside as well, they were all bowing their heads, I saw all of them injured earlier, but it seems Megumi healed them all.

Hikari and Hikaru jumped at me full force, I caught them with my arms, "Master~ Did you defeat the bad guy?" Hikaru said.

"Yep, I defeated him and the other bad guys." I said to them, their eyes sparkle while holding their fists in front of their chests, "Oh~ Master is strong!" Hikari said, "Master is very strong~" Hikaru then said, I only smiled wryly.

Rin, Alice, Leena, Rem, and Megumi walked to me and discussed what happened here outside, the bandits are still sleeping due to my magic, nothing much happened, the adventurers that was healed by Megumi were resting, and the woman, It seems that she's the wife of Duke Maxford here. When I asked him how old is he, he's only 25, yep I knew it, when he heard that the a woman and a child were saved he suddenly broke and asked me where are they. They are in the carriage, Rin said, then he was running and screaming "Agnes! Blanche!" When the woman and child heard him they came running down the carriage and embraced Duke Maxford, and crying while saying "Dear" and "Papa". Shit I'm going to tear up due to this scene!

Then after all that I started cooking some dinner, I also gave some clothes to Duke Maxford, his previous clothes were all tatters so I gave him new pairs. He said to just call him Simon, because I was their benefactor. Blanche, the daughter of Simon were playing with Hikari and Hikaru, It seems that she's only 11 years of age. Then Agnes is now tending her husband. The adventurers are now surrounding Rem and Megumi, but one of them is an elf, so he's now courting Leena, I feel irritated somehow. Alice and Rin are helping me with cooking.

Leena got fed up and left he young man, then the young man chased her, "Miss Leena, we are both elves, is it natural that we love each other?!" He said, then Leena glares at him, "You know? You're annoying, I should've let you die earlier, and you know? The man I love is trillion times more capable than you." BOOM headshot, the young man fell on his knees, then he stood up again, "T-then who is that man?! I will duel him and see if he's more capable than me! Is he an elf? Where is he?" He shouted, then Leena walked to me and grabbed my right arm, "It's this man, do you want to duel this man?" Then the man realizes who is he dealing with, when he looked at me he froze, he mumbled "I-I got no chance on beating that guy." Then he retreats and got depressed. Leena didn't let go of my arm, and kept giggling "Ehehe~", I felt a glare besides me, Alice was glaring at me and same for Rin, and surprisingly, the two girls, Rem and Megumi are also glaring at me. What's happening?

After finishing cooking we sat down and ate, after eating the chicken soup I cooked they all asks for seconds and seconds, Simon said it's his first time eating a delicious soup, even the high ranking chef in Hegerin country will be embarrassed when he tasted the soup he said. I got embarrassed and only focused on eating.

Then Simon talked about what happened, they planned to go to Hegerin Kingdom, they wanted to seek help from the King, since he heard that he summoned the heroes, he's wondering if the King will help them out, currently the sea near Rebet Port Town is overflowing with monsters, the natural income of the town which is the fishes and other sea products is now a base of sea dweller monsters, and some demons are guarding the seaside, they destroyed the port on the sea, sailors are killed, their ships are being destroyed, the merchants who are making trades on Rebet is now withdrawing, the income of the town is declining, he had no choice but raise the taxes of the citizen, but he makes sure that the commoners that are living there can pay taxes. What a good noble he is.

But then when they arrived at Kux road near Valor fort, one party of adventurers who are guarding them suddenly called the bandits that are hiding, then it started, only one party of adventurers survived the attack. His attendant is taken inside the fort, of course she's a woman, they'll take her inside including the female adventurers, Simon got angry and asked the adventurers to guard his wife and child, he charged inside, but he was greeted by many bandits and got beaten up. He should have died he said, but due to an item, [Amulet of Courage] he was able to survive. That is where I saved him. He thanked me and the women I saved thanked me also.

After eating they all went to sleep, while I watched the night, there might be monsters so I volunteered to watch the night. 

What if I didn't go to Rebet Port Town and didn't encounter them? Right now they would wind up dead, Including his innocent daughter. Ah this world is too cruel, but that is why there is a strong one who will oppose that cruel world. And I'll do that, with my comrades, and friends, I'll save this world.

Suddenly on my right a woman grabbed my arm, and another on my left, It's Rin and Alice. Wait? Why are you two holding on to me?

"Master, we will also watch the night with you." Rin said while blushing and fidgeting. "I-I will also. Don't get the wrong idea, I-I didn't hold on to you because I-I w-want to." She said while blushing too, what are you a tsundere? Well the world of Nixem may not be as good as Earth, but they have people like this people by my side, they are all good people unlike on earth. Maybe after all this I'll pursue why I was summoned to this world. Why huh? And why in this body. Maybe God has the answer, the God of Creation. 

Maybe, just maybe, I'll get a clue why I was summoned here. But I don't want to return from my old life. In this world, I'll live up my life. Towards the Unknown. Well that's deep.

The night passed and we are ready to depart in the morning. To Rebet Port Town this time!